Audio HQ Car audio, regular music, anything audio should goes in this forum.

Speaker popping (for test)

Old 02-10-2007, 06:21 AM
isuck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speaker popping (for test)

I forgot how dalton showed me how to do this, I think you leave the positive lead connected to the amp at super low volume and then just tap the negative against bare metal?

Anyone can inform me real quick please? I had my trunk fixed up a little and in the essence of time and the fact that bugs were attacking us we hastily rewired everything... but i'm not too sure they're on the right sides, much less on the correct amps....

Thanks for the help, and rep points to whoever informs me first -- in a non-encrypted fashion...
LOGIC? You seriously want to invoke logic in a conversation about fake hijackings, missiles hitting the pentagon, and bombs planted throughout the world trade center? I thought it was a given that logic was checked at the door when entering one of these threads.
Old 02-10-2007, 06:33 AM
All American, rice eater!

get a 9volt battery, hold the + to positive and quickly tap the - . this will give you a fast way of checking speaker position, you can also check if it is phase if you can see the spaeck cone. and when popping the speaker the cone moves out and + was to + it is in phase, if it moves in revese lead and pop again - when the speaker pops out look at how you have the + & - and hook it up to your amps like that, a screw gun battery will also work, just pop real fast
Old 02-10-2007, 06:37 AM

What Grade A said. Any battery will do actually though. I had a D battery rigged up as my speaker tester. Also used the battery from my cordless drill. Quick and easy.
Old 02-10-2007, 06:50 AM
King of Ricers

use a test light... and dont mess up my wiring its taped up nice & clean.

Old 02-10-2007, 07:34 AM
isuck

Originally Posted by NoTLaDStyle
use a test light... and dont mess up my wiring its taped up nice & clean.
you lying shit .

Actually its ok. I fixed some of it just now this morning.

And the speakers were all connected properly, the amps were just switched so too much bass was coming out my fronts sounding like crap. I just re-adjusted it and it sounds verrrrry good right now, tested it with Massive Attack - Mezzanine. Super clean yo.

Thanks to Tirefryer and john for assisted answer, giving rep now

*edit* this thread can be locked now to prevent it from turning into my jigsaw thread....

Thanks
LOGIC? You seriously want to invoke logic in a conversation about fake hijackings, missiles hitting the pentagon, and bombs planted throughout the world trade center? I thought it was a given that logic was checked at the door when entering one of these threads.
Old 02-10-2007, 09:18 AM
The sig nazi's bitch...

2011 Mustang GT 5.0 Premium, 6M, Brembos, nav and HIDs
Flowmaster catbacks, K&N drop in, for now!