Audio HQ Car audio, regular music, anything audio should goes in this forum.

Ipod Hookups

Old 12-18-2006, 03:49 PM
isuck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Got_my_air_on
My subs hit so hard it makes my ipod skip
Old 12-18-2006, 05:42 PM
Just Ledoux it!

Originally Posted by P057
yeah, thats one downside, the volume is going to be way, way lower.
I couldnt take it. I'd be almost maxing out my HU for the music to be audible with windows down. Forget that. And this way I can use it in my GF's jeep.
Old 12-19-2006, 02:18 AM
isuck

Originally Posted by 93ex
I couldnt take it. I'd be almost maxing out my HU for the music to be audible with windows down. Forget that. And this way I can use it in my GF's jeep.
same thing happens when i watch TV in my car.

The fucking aux in is probably 10 volume units lower than my cd and 8 from my radio.

I dont know how its possible to have the same sound from cd at 5 volume and need to go up to 15, sometimes 20 for the tv.... its ridiculous.

im pretty sure though if you up the volume on the actual ipod it should help a bit
Old 12-19-2006, 05:25 AM
Just Ledoux it!

Originally Posted by P057
same thing happens when i watch TV in my car.

The fucking aux in is probably 10 volume units lower than my cd and 8 from my radio.

I dont know how its possible to have the same sound from cd at 5 volume and need to go up to 15, sometimes 20 for the tv.... its ridiculous.

im pretty sure though if you up the volume on the actual ipod it should help a bit
It worked, but then I'd get distortion from the ipod. So at that rate It might as well be FM. I'm curious about the direct hookups like alpine's..and the volum level.
Old 12-19-2006, 06:52 AM
King of Ricers

ive done a couple of the alpine direct hookups that control the ipod through the deck and they work flawlessly. There is a slight delay if you have like 500 songs in one directory but other than that it plays at a decent volume and its digital so the sound quality is perfect.

Old 12-19-2006, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by NoTLaDStyle
ive done a couple of the alpine direct hookups that control the ipod through the deck and they work flawlessly. There is a slight delay if you have like 500 songs in one directory but other than that it plays at a decent volume and its digital so the sound quality is perfect.
Ditto for the pioneer piece (new headunits deal with it much better than older ones) and the JVC ipod direct.

If you have some sort of video screen to work with, the Valor piece is pretty cool.

Toby

BlackDog Racing
BlackDog Speed Shop

Lincolnshire, IL

Old 12-20-2006, 05:24 AM

I just read that Dual has a new flip out touchscreen that actually controls and charges the ipod (not just an aux in).

I know lots of you don't like Dual, but I do, especially for the price. The new XDVD8182 is a 7" touchscreen, AM/FM, DVD, CD, MP3, WMA player, with ipod control, and built in dolby 5.1 converter with the required 6 line level outputs. All this for under $500, is pretty cool, if you ask me. I'm putting one in a Tahoe this week.

Toby

BlackDog Racing
BlackDog Speed Shop

Lincolnshire, IL

Old 12-20-2006, 09:12 PM

"for the price" yes its nice but i hate trying to get the parking brake sequence right.
Old 12-21-2006, 02:16 PM
King of Ricers

Originally Posted by stompy
"for the price" yes its nice but i hate trying to get the parking brake sequence right.
thats jensen, not dual.

Old 12-21-2006, 02:54 PM
isuck

dalton installed a dual headunit toby sold me today for a co-worker of mine. it doesnt look like much and you can tell its rather bottom of the barrel of the stock... but man lemme tell you what, it sounded good, it works well, its simplistic and comes with just about all the bells and whistles that units costing 50 or more has on it.

And she loves it!

awesome X-mas gift indeed.

im getting some 40 yr old pussy tonight