Audio HQ Car audio, regular music, anything audio should goes in this forum.

Starting fresh, for now.

Old 12-02-2006, 11:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by P057
have you had a chance to test out that Rockford Fosgate T15k?

how's it sound other than the extreme, brute power?

actually i havent powered it up yet because i have the rest of the build to figure out first....i just started last weekend

here is the youtube vid of it

YouTube - wall of subs

Also have you ever heard of the power cube?

Its one of the ways RF tests the SQ of an amp. They said it achieved THE best powercube results they have ever tested so this thing is supposed to be AWESOME as far as SQ. SQ isnt just amp related its all about the install too i know, but it dont hurt either

btw: in that pic is also the handwritten benchtest results. 16,174watts

Last edited by meade916; 12-02-2006 at 11:22 AM.
Old 12-02-2006, 11:23 AM
isuck

Originally Posted by meade916

Its one of the ways RF tests the SQ of an amp. They said it achieved THE best powercube results they have ever tested so this thing is supposed to be AWESOME as far as SQ. SQ isnt just amp related its all about the install too i know, but it dont hurt either
Actually i was mainly talking about it's THD.
Specificationally speaking -- sounds and looks nice. I wonder how much that thing would rape the bank account.

how many are you going to use?
Old 12-02-2006, 11:27 AM

also, as for any sound dampening or vibration reduc, what are you using? I couldnt tell from the video too well but it didnt look like the car was about to fall apart due to flex?

i mean, this is if you don't mind answering
bro ill be the first one to say i can always use more and havent done it all yet. I did do 2 healthy layers of Dynamat Extreme on the roof and back hatch. A little on the floor too and none on the doors at all YET. Like i was sayin, half the reason my 'Hoe isnt as dope as it could be is i always have my hands full with other peoples rides as well as tryin to repair my Honda after a devestating theft back in april. (thats on my site as well check that shit out bro....)

anyway with 20,000 watts, without concrete in the truck, the flexing will be hard to control regardless. With all my windows down, even the two front ones its so loud outside that the bass almost drowns out any rattle. Look at my other vids people plugging their ears and jumping out of the way from 5 feet away So ya its got a few rattles in back but for the most part its not a ghetto rattlebox.
Old 12-02-2006, 11:34 AM

Actually i was mainly talking about it's THD.
Specificationally speaking -- sounds and looks nice. I wonder how much that thing would rape the bank account.

how many are you going to use?
its so rare of an item, RF is only going to make 10. So far i think they have made 3 or 4. This is serial number 0003. The person who actually paid for it dropped $20,500 on this amp. I am his installer and do all his work for him including purchasing (im not a shop) though.

The person who owns this also owns the Caddy EXT and the Navigator i finished this year. Were trying to do something cool here whether or not it makes the most $$$ sense.
Old 12-02-2006, 11:38 AM
isuck

why would they use 0003 if they're only going to make ten? maybe they're making a thousand .
Old 12-02-2006, 11:52 AM

dunno bro, probably to make it look more like a real serial number or something. Maybe they shoulda mixed in a few letterst to make it look more official.

Anyway i know they arent making more then 10 trust me it took everything i had and people with more pull than me to get it done. Rockford is one of my biggest supporters but even with 20,000 cash money they couldnt even get me one. My rep even told me i had a 1% chance of gettin my hands on one even if i had 30grand. Had to go thru someone who knew someone and it even made it to the desk of the president of RF from what i was told....they decided to release one to me and its all history now. I just gotta dust it off and get this other caddy rollin now so i can make them proud
Old 12-02-2006, 05:06 PM
It's a wooden pickle.

Dual 300amp Iraggi alts (one benched 390 the other 320)....7 batterys one yellow up front (i need the sideposts for my stock electrical) and 6 group 31 Odyssey 2150's in the back. Also hundreds of feet of 1/0 from the alts to the batterybanks then off to the amps from there. Ive got a 3rd 300amp alt and the bracket fabricated out of aluminum...just needs some tweeking to get it to work. I have side projects that keep me from making my tahoe all it COULD be thats why its slackin a little in some areas. Go check out the Caddy EXT i did as well as the Navigator and youll see what im talking about. No time for myself really. I am also doing another escalade right now with the Rockford Fosgate T15k (yes T15,000 the biggest SINGLE amp out there right now) Im doing a wall of 8 18" subs in the back as well as a bunch of crazy stuff which will soon come after.

If you go to the "builds" section of my site stevemeadedesigns.com - Build Logs you will see all the above including the monster amp
this is completely unrelated to this thread, but this guy who comes in fairly often to the best buy i work at was talking about you the other day, but i had no idea who you were. small world.
Old 12-02-2006, 11:24 PM

intraweb fame FTW
Old 12-03-2006, 09:02 AM

hey whatsup my name is Steve Meade. I found this board because someone told me some loser was talking shit about me, my work, and my videos.
Welcome, Steve. Just a warning, if you plan on posting in response to every shit talker on here, you'll most likely end up going through a couple keyboards, and some carpal tunnel surgery

Seriously, This forum could benefit from your experiences...

Toby

BlackDog Racing
BlackDog Speed Shop

Lincolnshire, IL

Old 12-03-2006, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by TJElite
Welcome, Steve. Just a warning, if you plan on posting in response to every shit talker on here, you'll most likely end up going through a couple keyboards, and some carpal tunnel surgery

Seriously, This forum could benefit from your experiences...

Toby

ok then ill keep that in mind......thanks man