Audio HQ Car audio, regular music, anything audio should goes in this forum.

CAr audio question bout decks

Old 08-21-2006, 06:05 PM
Now with more c5!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CAr audio question bout decks

So I had my nice pioneeer deck (deh p80mp) and rockford subs jacked a bit ago. Since, I have been using my acura tape deck with an mp3 player. Thing is, I use napster now and it only lets me transfer to a player and not burn to cd. So now I am interested in getting a new deck but have no need for a cd player.

Basically I need a deck that will put more wattage to my door speakers, have either a tape player or usb type connectability in front, and also a volume control for a sub (although this is the least of my concern and could be compensated by a sufficent eq in the deck).

And lastly, I dont really want to pay much for it. What do ya audiophiles think?
Old 08-21-2006, 06:25 PM
King of Ricers

PM tjelite about his no-headunit setups. He can hook your Ipod/Mp3 player directly into your system and you can skip the stereo completely.

Old 08-21-2006, 07:52 PM

Monster Cable makes adapters that will allow an ipod to plug right up to most factory decks.
Old 08-21-2006, 08:19 PM
Now with more c5!

right now i have my stock tape player which i use with my mp3 (not ipod) player with a tape adapter. It doesnt have enough wattage to properly power my door speakers and wouldnt allow any adjustment of a sub.

I need more wattage for my door speakers. The way I see it, I need a tape player with a decent built in amp plus sub imput or something that I can directly plug my mp3 player into and somehow power the door speakers and a sub.

A direct plug would allow better sound than going through the tape adapter, so that would be the ideal choice- but I dont know how this could be accomplished...
Old 08-21-2006, 10:08 PM
Leaving March 6th

Originally Posted by blkackteg
right now i have my stock tape player which i use with my mp3 (not ipod) player with a tape adapter. It doesnt have enough wattage to properly power my door speakers and wouldnt allow any adjustment of a sub.

I need more wattage for my door speakers. The way I see it, I need a tape player with a decent built in amp plus sub imput or something that I can directly plug my mp3 player into and somehow power the door speakers and a sub.

A direct plug would allow better sound than going through the tape adapter, so that would be the ideal choice- but I dont know how this could be accomplished...
Any deck with a aux in should solve your mp3 problem, and then just make sure the deck you get has a sub control on it. Not too hard. These are the decks you should get if you were to go to best buy. (I work there and i don't really know the prices any where else. I'm just trying to give you an idea of what your looking at as far as money goes).

Kenwood:
KDC-MP232 $130 aux only (w/ adaptor $30)
KDC-MP332 $150 aux, and sub control (w/ adaptor $30)
KDC-MP532U $200 aux, sub control, and usb plug
KDC-MP732 $300 aux, and sub control

Pioneer:
DEH-P3800M $130 aux only (w/ adaptor $30)
DEH-4800MP $150 aux, and sub control (w/ adaptor $30)
DEH-P5800M $200 aux, and sub control (w/ adaptor $30)
DEH-P6800M $270 aux, and sub control
DEH-7800MP $420 aux, and sub control

Alpine:
CDE-9842 $130 sub control only
CDE-9846 $150 sub control only
CDE-9852 $180 sub control only
CDA-9856 $200 aux, and sub control (w/ adaptor $30)
CDA-9857 $350 aux, and sub control (w/ adaptor $30)

***All this is off the top of my head and its late so feel free to correct me if any info is incorrect.***

I wouldn't really recomend any other brands (maybe eclipse but IMO they look like shit until you spend a lot of money) but if you need info for JVC, Sony, the great Best Buy brand Insignia, or even the POS Dual just pm me or look online. I better be getting rep for typing all that. I know its not a lot but its a pain in the ass for me to type lists.

^^R.I.P. 08/04/04-11/28/05^^
I hate illegals in 97 Chevy Blazers!!!
Old 08-24-2006, 03:51 PM
They call me Cooter..

shit..i'll give reps for that 1...makes my hands hurt just looking at it..
Old 08-24-2006, 04:23 PM
Now with more c5!

Really, big upps. Another question about decks with aux input: does that mean that there is an imput in back that would accept a cable that has the other end plug into my non ipod mp3 player?
Old 08-24-2006, 05:18 PM
King of Ricers

Really, big upps. Another question about decks with aux input: does that mean that there is an imput in back that would accept a cable that has the other end plug into my non ipod mp3 player?
yeah, but wouldnt it be cool just to plu gur mp3 player into ur amps and skip the deck?

Old 08-24-2006, 06:10 PM

Yeah, the aux. output on the back of the aftermarket decks is just an rca level female connection (left/right). You then need an adapter that converts from an rca level to whatever type of output your particular mp3 player has...usually a headphone jack.
Old 08-25-2006, 06:12 AM

We've done a bunch of Dual headunits recently, and even the entry level piece comes with an 'iplug'...its a 1/8" phono jack in a sleek little housing that you can mount. It comes with about a 2' long cord, with male rca's on the other end to plug into the female aux in rca's.

Before everyone slams Dual, let me say that these are some slick pieces, especially for the price. They have probably the most sensative tuners I've ever used and they have very surprisingly clean power. We did one yesterday in a land cruiser...head unit power on 2 6 1/2's and 2 5 1/4's and a 400 watt distinct on a 10" banddpass box. For what it was, it sounded very good. The bottom one I sell is the xdm6220. I sell it for $99, and it has one pair of pre outs, the aux in, and plays MP3 discs. We've done about 10 of these in the last 6 months, and haven't had any problems at all.

Toby

BlackDog Racing
BlackDog Speed Shop

Lincolnshire, IL