Audio HQ Car audio, regular music, anything audio should goes in this forum.

got an idea...

Old 05-11-2006, 05:48 AM
layin frame for life

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default got an idea...

ok well i got a idea.. dont know if anyone would like it or not.. i was thinking about buying a cheap ass car for a audio HQ car... if i do this i would not own this car it would go to the shop of choice...we all could drive it.. its just a thought... LMK what you think

sub amps. 2 audiopipe APSM1500's

mid's. 16 american bass SQ 6.5's 8 pyle pro super tweets

mid's amps. 2 autotek ATX3000.2 and 1 autotek ATX950.4 on the tweets

Last edited by 1stGen7; 05-11-2006 at 06:09 PM.
Old 05-11-2006, 05:58 AM
King of Ricers

I think you will have a hard time raising $$$ to buy it but I bet a lotta people including myself would volunteer labor

Old 05-11-2006, 06:04 AM
layin frame for life

im talking like me paying for the car and help working on it cause i get cars for cheep as hell

sub amps. 2 audiopipe APSM1500's

mid's. 16 american bass SQ 6.5's 8 pyle pro super tweets

mid's amps. 2 autotek ATX3000.2 and 1 autotek ATX950.4 on the tweets
Old 05-11-2006, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by 1stGen7
ok well i got a idea.. dont know if anyone would like it or not.. i was thinking about buying a cheap ass care for a audio HQ car... if i do this i would not own this car it would go to the shop of choice...we all could drive it.. its just a thought... LMK what you think
First, define 'cheap ass car'. I don't think any of us want to be associated with a piece of crap, no matter how good the stereo system.

Second, who's going to insure it? I see you say a shop will own it, but you also say we all can drive it. I don't know any shop that would own and insure a car that 'everyone' can drive, even if 'everyone' paid for the insurance. Too big of a liability risk.

All that being said, some version of this might not be a bad idea. I like the idea of building a TR car, of some sort. My vote would be to build a DB monster, since its cheaper, and has more crowd apeal than an SQ car.

I kind of see it like this...someone comes up with a car, someone else (like me) donates the equipment. Anyone who wants to participate can help build it, and then we agree on where and when to show it. We slap TR and / or Tampa Forums on it (maybe they want to kick in some $$), as well as any other sponsors names, and everyone who works on it can 'sign' it somehow. Someone would have to own and insure it, and that person would have to decide if anyone else gets to drive it. We'd probably also want to come up with some sort of agreement / contract so that this person doesn't just turn and sell it. Perhaps (long shot) we could even some how form a large corporation of everyone who works on it, and have that corp own and insure it. Again, that's a real long shot, but something we could look into down the road. The other option would be to not register and insure it, and just tow it to shows. We'd just need a trailer.

I guess this could be a car that someone already owns, if they're willing to let us 'pimp' it...

This will require lots more thought, but I think it is a cool idea.

Toby

BlackDog Racing
BlackDog Speed Shop

Lincolnshire, IL

Old 05-11-2006, 10:03 AM
King of Ricers

that would be a hoot - a TR Audio car. would put the rest of hte forum to shame with their constant bickering.

Old 05-11-2006, 01:57 PM
isuck

sounds awesome, Toby put it best with the specifics. The biggest problem would be actually buying the car ... a nice car, not just a 500 dollar hunk of shit.

wow i can see it now, stripping the ENTIRE... wait not even stripping, gutting-like-a-fish the interior, completely dynamating the whole thing, redoing all of the carpeting and interior custom and nice.
and going from there. Putting tweeters, woofers, small subwoofers and shit all over the place in ideal spots. =X

good stuff.

interesting to see if it'd ever happen
Old 05-11-2006, 02:22 PM

Nice gesture....but logistically this would be near impossible. First and foremost, everyone lives in different areas...it's hard enough to get people to come out once a month just for a meet. A demo vehicle for install classes which could be held at the monthly meet may be a more realistic idea.
Old 05-11-2006, 03:34 PM
isuck

Originally Posted by TBSpyder
Nice gesture....but logistically this would be near impossible. First and foremost, everyone lives in different areas...it's hard enough to get people to come out once a month just for a meet. A demo vehicle for install classes which could be held at the monthly meet may be a more realistic idea.
actually i just blame dalton for living way out where he lives... jerk.. you ruined everything!

lol
Old 05-11-2006, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by P057
actually i just blame dalton for living way out where he lives... jerk.. you ruined everything!

lol

Well the guy offering the vehicle lives all the way out in Lakeland.
Old 05-11-2006, 05:06 PM
isuck

Originally Posted by TBSpyder
Well the guy offering the vehicle lives all the way out in Lakeland.

hrmmm..... LOL

i retract my previous statement.