Audio HQ Car audio, regular music, anything audio should goes in this forum.

need some relay help

Old 11-29-2005, 05:11 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need some relay help

Ok This is what i need

MatchBox Race

2 cars 2 lanes 2 lights 2 Switches

I want when a car hits the light for it to turn on but the other not turn on. I was gonna Do a I/O Switch in each lane But i cant get my head together to figure out the damn relays. I figure ill need 3 relays one for each switch and one for the lights.

im trying to figure going from 2 relays to 1 or 1 relay to 2 two switchs
im thinking 2 swicths 2 relays
Sharing the same 12v pole but flip flop them
One NC one NO
So its gonna throw opposite and kill power to the other relay
once that is energized its gonn power the third relay + or _ and wire each light opposite of each other so what ever polarity it get swill determine the light to be thrown on

does that make sence ? if so how do i run up the relays ?
Old 11-29-2005, 06:37 PM
Banned

never mind figured it out
Old 11-29-2005, 07:26 PM
King of Ricers

nice, or you could have gotten a three way relay and simply routed the neutral position to the switches power, then when one tripped it the other switch wouldnt have power.

Old 11-29-2005, 08:32 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by NoTLaDStyle
nice, or you could have gotten a three way relay and simply routed the neutral position to the switches power, then when one tripped it the other switch wouldnt have power.

Well This is for my Boys College Project... I Gave his team inspiration..

They have a Robotic Arm and this is what is gonna happen.

2 Lanes 20 Cars

The Arm Will Randomly Select two Cars From either pool of ten cars, useing slots like in Battleship. It will Put two cars at the top of the track and Then rotate a lever to drop both cars, The relay Switch pack basicly is like a tree System. When the Car trips the Switchs Which im currently trying to Design a Ir Switch System which is proving difficult, The light in that lane will trip and kill power to the Other Switch relay, but also sends a trigger pulse to the computer. The computer Will then Select the Lane and the arm will pick that car up first and Deposit it on a Conveier belt that goes back to the top. it will Take the other car and move it to a loser pool. This will keep going on until one car is left and is the winner. Basicly a Computerized bracket race.

So if you know of any Optical Switch Systems let me know.