Audio HQ Car audio, regular music, anything audio should goes in this forum.

my latest/greatest project

Old 01-16-2005, 06:55 PM
Uber 1337

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my latest/greatest project

before i moved to Chicago in December, I built a subwoofer enclosure/back seat for my 1972 volkswagen. I wasn't able to complete it, but i finish all the wooden structure, and the only things left to do were cover it in vinyl, install the subs, and stuff. My dad sent me 2 pictures tonight of how i left it, and what he has done to it so far. What he did, was cover the top, and front of the structure with black navy vinyl which matches the rest of the interior for the car, and then used a yellow vinyl to cover the face of the subwoofer enclosure. Now he has to make a cushion for each side of the box, and i'm trying to figure out what subwoofers and amp to order for him. The enclosure is a single chamber, and designed for two 8" subwoofers. I was looking at getting a pair of Elemental Designs 9kv2's and the nine.2 amplifier, but since racingtheburg is a dealer for resonant engineering, i was looking at getting a pair of those subs, and then finding an amp for them.

Anyone have some recommendations, opinions, or whatever?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
subs2.jpg (47.9 KB, 223 views)
Old 01-16-2005, 07:01 PM
Uber 1337

the first one was what it looked like when I was finished, and this one is what it looks like after my dad covered it in vinyl. The speakers he has in there are crap, they're from some old home theatre things, but i used them to take up space for the time being.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
subs.jpg (53.2 KB, 222 views)
Old 01-16-2005, 07:12 PM
/ /\( . )( . )/\ \

yo adam this is kyle.

that shit looks sick.

i'm bout to hook up that 10w7 finally lol

are you going to try to cover the back cushion with the same fabric as the ass cushion? the striped vinyl looking stuff?

it looks really good
Old 01-16-2005, 07:16 PM
Uber 1337

it's about damn time you hook up that w7. I'm not sure what my dad's gonna do for the cushions, but it'll defenitely be black, so it'll look nice.
Old 01-16-2005, 08:12 PM
Pro 5oh

i would recomend american bass amps and if you call re audio your self they will recomend those amps as well....... Prices will be pmed thanx!
Old 01-17-2005, 11:21 AM
could be worse

what is all that wasted space on the right and left of the subs? and that vinal could be pulled a little tigher.

www.generationsofcabinetry.com
Old 01-17-2005, 11:30 AM
Just Ledoux it!

that vynl needs to get pulled tighter, and tell me that there is some bracing behind that plywood.. especially if you planon using it for seats
Old 01-17-2005, 12:54 PM
Sugar Daddy - Miami Bound

uhmmmmm... well - I agree with the vinyl comments - BUT at least your dad is helping you out.
Old 01-17-2005, 01:13 PM
Uber 1337

ya, i know the vinyl is all crappy, but just blame my dad for that. lol. as for the "wasted space" next to the sub box, that is basically the only place in the car where you can store stuff considering the trunk is in the front. The front panel is braced by 1X4"s, and the sides rest up against the wheel well, and the sub box in the center. But since the car is mostly for show now, i doubt there will be anyone sitting in the back seat.
Old 01-17-2005, 06:55 PM
Reppin' the 813

it would look good as hell if you pulled the viynal tighter and maybe put some plexi glass behind the "free space" and maybe put some blue neons behind it. Maybe even put a logo on the glass so at night it glows. Just do something if its going to be for show