Audio HQ Car audio, regular music, anything audio should goes in this forum.

Head Unit Install.........

Old 01-04-2005, 11:20 AM
Old school TR member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Head Unit Install.........

OK well I got a new head unit ........and I take it to best buy to have it installed........They tell me it will be $300 to install, because I have the Mach 460 system......Which is wired to 2 amps from the factory(which have weird plug ins so he said)......So the whole system would have to be re wired....... Anyone ever had this prob with there mustang.........If you had yours installed somewhere else where? and how much?

thanks in advance
-Jaime
Old 01-04-2005, 11:21 AM
Col. John Hannibal Smith

Default Re: Head Unit Install.........

Originally posted by ToRqUe
OK well I got a new head unit ........and I take it to best buy to have it installed........They tell me it will be $300 to install, because I have the Mach 460 system......Which is wired to 2 amps from the factory(which have weird plug ins so he said)......So the whole system would have to be re wired....... Anyone ever had this prob with there mustang.........If you had yours installed somewhere else where? and how much?

thanks in advance
-Jaime
WOW, that is way too much!!!! I usually install everything myself...
Old 01-04-2005, 11:37 AM
could be worse

i dont know about 300, but yeah they are a bitch to do.. when i replaced mine, i just went ahead and replaced the whole set up, speakers and all

www.generationsofcabinetry.com
Old 01-04-2005, 11:38 AM
Just Ledoux it!

http://www.mustangaudiosystems.com/M...udio_page2.htm

buy the appropriate adapter and install it yourself. then go tell him he's a fuck. Granted I dont think the mach system is that great.

and if you want it installed locally, john at sound advice (dale mabry) does great work
Old 01-04-2005, 11:41 AM
Old school TR member

thanks everyone I was going to do it myself but I needed an adapter and couldnt find one ..........So I just was going to give in a pay to have it installed...............thanks again
-Jaime
Old 01-04-2005, 11:47 AM
Just Ledoux it!

Originally posted by ToRqUe
thanks everyone I was going to do it myself but I needed an adapter and couldnt find one ..........So I just was going to give in a pay to have it installed...............thanks again
-Jaime
:bbb: Call sensuous sounds or divine or audio itch or sound advice and ASK ABOUT TEH GODDAMN ADAPTER
Old 01-04-2005, 02:43 PM

just go to CCity down on gunn talk to mark "the black guy " or arron "taller white guy " they know what there doing pretty much and they both drive fords.....
Old 01-04-2005, 03:26 PM

It isn't as bad as some people make out, if you know the secret!
Does your new head unit have a sub pre-amp or built in crossovers? That will make it a little better for integration. If not, no big deal. The new radio will make it sound better, no matter what. I know Clearwater may be a drive, but $48 for labor and $17 for a wire harness to make your life simple isn't that bad.
The only reason to re-wire the whole system is for a new amp.
Contact me is you are interested.

Later, x
Old 01-04-2005, 06:27 PM
Old school TR member

Originally posted by 93ex
:bbb: Call sensuous sounds or divine or audio itch or sound advice and ASK ABOUT TEH GODDAMN ADAPTER

I am getting the adapter......I was saying that before I couldnt find an adapter so I was going to give in and have it installed But when I heard it was 300 bills I was like f that.......But now I know where to buy the adapter so I am just gonna do it myself
thanks
-Jaime