Audio HQ Car audio, regular music, anything audio should goes in this forum.

car alarm recommendations?

Old 01-03-2005, 09:45 PM
Uber 1337

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car alarm recommendations?

I think this is the best place to ask this question.

I just moved to Chicago, and i would like to put in a remote start/car alarm in my car, but i'm not really sure what one to get. I am completely clueless when it comes to alarms. I would like it to have pressure sensors, and glass breaking detector thingies, but it all depends on the price.

also, one of my friends has an alarm in his car, that while driving, you can push two buttons on the remote, and the alarm starts going off while you're still driving. How hard would that be to do, and is it legal?
Old 01-04-2005, 07:48 AM
Maximaniac

DEI all the way. Viper, Clifford, whatever. Others might work at first if you hook em up right, but when I look at the number of Code Alarms that come back to Circuit with problems compared to DEI which we used to carry, no comparison. You can practically hook up the wires wrong and itll still work lol. There are also two-way pager systems which will have a screen on your remote telling you anything that is going on with your car. Check out the directed site and look around. And if your really strapped for cash, ive found the 791xv (vipers top alarm) for 200 on ebay, but try to avoid that because not only is it an unauthorized dealer but viper warranties their alarm brains for life, and youll have no warranty on ebay.

As far as setting off the alarm while driving....does just the siren go off? Because that would make more sense. All you have to do is give the siren 12 volts and itll go off, which would be easy to wire up to a switch. No clue if its legal though.

GL
-Kevin
Old 01-04-2005, 11:41 AM
Just Ledoux it!

+1 to kevin

and I dont htink the siren thing is legal, im sure it could be "impersoanting a police officer" or something if they really wanted to
Old 01-04-2005, 04:06 PM
STATION WAGON PIMP

the best deal ive found on a remote start alarm is definatly the viper 791 and auto solutions on dale mabry has the best price for install.
you are still looking at 550 to 600
but go to luis at auto solutions and tell him rickie sent you.
Old 01-04-2005, 07:22 PM
Reppin' the 813

you just hit the panic button while driving and u set it off. I do it all the time, fun to scare old people going slow with because as the siren goes off ur headlights and hazards blink also

+1 on anything DEI
Old 01-07-2005, 04:09 PM
don't be bullshittin!!!!

+1 for dei....
it really doesnt matter what line in the dei brand (even the lower end stuff if installed correctly will protect your car)...

but you get what you pay for (as far as installaion is concerned).... features cost money... unless your protecting a car with a stereo or carry around high end items and store them in your car a basic alarm/remote start is all u need...

a two way remote start from dei (which will do the job) is about 400-650 installed (depending on brand ie:avital, viper, clifford)

-

This Space for Rent

-