Audio HQ Car audio, regular music, anything audio should goes in this forum.

XM install question

Old 04-08-2004, 04:27 PM
Maximaniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XM install question

im putting XM in my friends dads car. he already has the old school pioneer xm receiver, fm modulated on a factory deck. he wants me to put in the delphi skyfi since pioneer doesnt make xm receivers anymore and he wants to have it in home and car. what would be needed, would the fm modulator and antenna be the same and be a direct plug/play with the delphi stuff???

thanks in advance

Kevin
Old 04-08-2004, 07:54 PM
Reppin' the 813

does the fm modulator have a aux input in it ? the fm modulators they sell at CC i think a certain has it where u can plug the satelitte radio into to make it work. For delphi inhome and car use hes going to need the car kit, home kit, and the receiver itself. Also hes going to need the fm modulator kit as well. (sorry its so damn late and its been so long since i worked there i cant remember shit) accually im not sure if they sell fm mod kit

heres what ur going to need for certain

Car kit

Includes:
Antenna: with magnet to prop ontop of car plus a long wire to run from the roof to inside the car
Car docking kit: the receiver slides into this when u take it from the house to the car. Also in the back this is where the antenna and power conencts
Ciggarette lighter plug: how everything gets power
RCAS: direct connect from the dock to RCAS on the FM Mod/AUX inputs

Home kit:
Same as car kit, just with a inhouse antenna to put by a window and a plug in for the house

Receiver kit:
Receiver

FM modulator kit:
Never accually looked inside one of these. Im sure its self explanitory
Old 04-09-2004, 05:31 AM
Maximaniac

yeah i know most of that, i work at CC remember? lol i was wondering more in terms of install whether the antenna and fm mod would fit, i guess ill just have to take it apart to see what kind of fm mod it is and everything.

what about the antenna? is this a standard plug so i wont have to run a new antenna outside the car and all that crap, cuz thatd be great.
Old 04-09-2004, 07:36 AM
Reppin' the 813

i jus got hella confused but w.e

The XM sattelite antenna is different from the reg FM antenna that comes with the car. you HAVE to run a new antenna. Its really easy tho, jus plop it ontop of the car somewhere and run it to the inside of the car and plug it in back of the dock. To install my sirius, it took me about 20 mins to do. it was so easy.
Old 04-09-2004, 10:23 AM
Maximaniac

i know how i phrased it was confusing in my last post but he already has xm in the car with the old pioneer xm receiver which isnt made anymore, he already has the antenna, and its fm modulated, heres all i need to know:

will the fm modulator and xm antenna he has for the pioneer xm receiver work with the delphi skyfi receiver
Old 04-10-2004, 08:18 PM
Reppin' the 813

Originally posted by kpr10is
i know how i phrased it was confusing in my last post but he already has xm in the car with the old pioneer xm receiver which isnt made anymore, he already has the antenna, and its fm modulated, heres all i need to know:

will the fm modulator and xm antenna he has for the pioneer xm receiver work with the delphi skyfi receiver
the good thing about circuit city, 30 day money back no questions asked guarentee
Old 04-11-2004, 06:14 AM
Maximaniac

true, although my circuit city just fucked over my friend who bought an mp3 player like a year ago with cityadvantage, it broke n they told him hed have to ship it back to the company but hed lose the $50 he paid for warranty, i guess electronics warranty is different then audio cuz audio if u blow a speaker u get a new one, simple as that.
Old 04-11-2004, 06:56 AM
Reppin' the 813

thats why i love it. and shit i bought a year ago i still get a full refund