Audio HQ Car audio, regular music, anything audio should goes in this forum.

*sigh* i think i killed my alarm brain

Old 03-27-2004, 03:05 PM
Reppin' the 813

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default *sigh* i think i killed my alarm brain

Well I was trying to add a piezo siren in today and I think i messed up the brain. What i did was splice into the wire that goes from the brain to the siren and spliced in the power wire to the piezo. It was working fine yay i was so happy then I was testing the siren in diff postions inside the car, leaving the outside siren disconnected and hitting the panic button to test the piezo...then all the sudden boom it stopped working. Damn so i tested everything, make sure everything was grounded rite, still not working. So i disconnected the piezo and connected the outside alarm. It was going off very faintly. Wtf? Even when the alarm wasnt armed it was going off faintly. *Shit i think i hit ground with power!*It wouldnt shut up no matter what i do. Wtf does this mean? I checked directed.com to see what this message was but i couldnt find it. fuckin a** now im pissed. I go up to CC at citrus park to see my buddies. They dont know whats wrong. They said I might have fried the siren output/relay on the brain. SHit now what do i do? Well just my luck, CC doesnt carry VIPER anymore so I am screwed. Now i gotta go thru viper. Oh they are closed for the weekend. Today has been hell. You dont understand when things are wrong with my car, i get very depressed ESS. wit my alarm cuz im so paranoid about theft. I didnt buy this damn 400$ viper alarm because i didnt care for shit. All the sudden i get an idea! Look in the owners manual maybe it says anything about what this low siren means. Hmm looking looking ah troubleshooting section! ....nope nothing. Fuck now im really pissed. Im going insane at this point(which is why im on here relieving stress) Well i look to see who i can call for assistance.. *Please contact your local Viper retailer/installer for help*CC didnt know shit, just *Send it back to viper*! Wtf! Well i guess i get to send this shit back to viper which blows cuz i cant wait, im a person who will pay to have it now but o well. Theres my bubble popped. I even searched ebay for *690 brain* nope nothing. O well if neone has any suggestions or comment leave them cuz rite now my saturday sucked ass
Old 03-27-2004, 03:16 PM
Reppin' the 813

Oh and did i mention, The alarm works FINe, everything works great. I beat the shit outta my car and the alarm went off, JUS NO SIREN, lights flash pager paged me, jus no siren. Damn it im pissed. The only thing wrong is the siren
Old 03-27-2004, 03:22 PM

Maybe the ohm load of the new siren was different from what the brain could handle.
Old 03-27-2004, 04:09 PM
Reppin' the 813

Thanks Kirk, ill DEF do that tomarow cuz im going fockin insane trying to figure this out. U dont understand !! U think he will b open on a sunday? if so from what time to what time. U gotta number i can call him at
Old 03-27-2004, 04:11 PM
Reppin' the 813

And sirens have ohms loads? Great now u tell me. I asked about wiring multiple sirens before and no one mentioned sirens having ohm loads. Anyways I really think its because I touch POS to NEG or wired the siren backwards. I dunno hopefully that guy tomarrow can help me
Old 03-27-2004, 05:23 PM
eli

sometimes i worry about people. wasnt to smart a thing to tell people on TR that ur alarm isnt working properly when ur truck is so valuable. good luck gettin it fixed.
Old 03-27-2004, 05:28 PM
Maximaniac

eli - he says its only the siren that doesnt work. plus, nobody wants those type e's anyway lol.

jfwy bro ive had shittier subs than that trust me, and i dont even have subs in my car right now so im one to talk lol
Old 03-27-2004, 05:34 PM
keyboard hardass

"I messed up the alarm, Brain... NARF"

sorry, thats what I pictured when I saw the titlle... good luck fixing it

Green markers = Pay spots
Blue markers = safe free spots
Red markers = not so safe free spots (possible trespass issues)
Old 03-27-2004, 05:34 PM
eli

still whats the point of having a alarm without a siren? says hes asleep, the pager wont do him much good.