Audio HQ Car audio, regular music, anything audio should goes in this forum.

Installing a HU in a civic help....

Old 03-26-2004, 09:16 AM
Reppin' the 813

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing a HU in a civic help....

Well today my friend came to me because she just got a new HU after her old one got stolen and wanted me to install it. She tryed to do it herself cutting all the harnesses off and there was nothing but bare wires. AH so now im in there with some chart i got offline trying to match wires and I am having no luck. This is a 4 door 1996 civic. Its gotta radio and a tape player thats mounted down below the radio by the shifter. Its two seperate units. Well on this chart I was not having any luck matching wires and I was wondering iif someone could help me.

http://www.installdr.com/Harnesses/HA-Wiring.pdf

THis is the chart, which one should I use?

Oh and I should also mention there is like 2 grounds, two powers, two of every wire its weird. Just a bunch of wires hangin out
Old 03-26-2004, 06:46 PM
Maximaniac

damn that sucks, cutting the factory harness never ends up in a good way. if she still has the factory harness, and that online guide isnt right, go buy a harness from CC or something to see which wires are which then return the harness later when ur done with it. other than that, good luck lol
Old 03-26-2004, 07:54 PM
Reppin' the 813

sigh, there is nothing but wires in that dash. It sucks ass. And no she doesnt still hve the harness
Old 03-26-2004, 10:30 PM
Just Ledoux it!

red w/yellow = red

red w white stripe = yellow
black = black

i would just use the wires in teh dash location and say eff the tape deck.. pull it and put an 11 dollar pocket from circuit city there.