Audio HQ Car audio, regular music, anything audio should goes in this forum.

Speaker noise again HELP!!!

Old 03-04-2004, 07:15 PM
Maximaniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speaker noise again HELP!!!

ok, so that noise that was coming from the type r speakers is still there all the time, happens when i go over like volume 12. switched the head unit into my car, worked fine. speakers were brand new when i installed them. noise is coming from both speakers so that narrows it down. could it be the inline crossovers being near anything else interfering with it? or could it be the speaker magnet being too close to the metal of the door? those are the only things i can think of...

HELP!!?!?!?!??!?! (esp jesse and john and whoever else saw my last thread about the same problem)
Old 03-04-2004, 07:25 PM
Maximaniac

if i figure out that this is the problem (magnetism from the door) what could i put right behind the speaker to prevent that?
damn i hate troubleshooting for installs

thanks in advance

-Kevin
Old 03-04-2004, 07:48 PM

if u want to do it the cheap and easy way use card board lol
Old 03-05-2004, 01:27 PM

Not too sure about the effectiveness of cardboard. I always thought today's speakers were magnetically shielded. Never really hear of this problem before, but you could probably try a couple layers of dynamat (or the like) or some foam on the inside of the sheet metal.
Old 03-05-2004, 02:14 PM
Just Ledoux it!

wait.. there no screeching when you swtiched head units? there was no screeching in your car, AND the other car, or the other car screeched still no matter what?

if it is magnetic interferance, take the speakers out, run some new like 4 foot section of the stock connections in the door and hold the speakers like 4 feet away from metal.. . Ive never had anyhting like that ever happen before...
Old 03-05-2004, 07:40 PM
Maximaniac

lol nice sig...i really dont know what the problem is but i was just taking guesses since i didnt know anything else that could be wrong, and i was tryin to avoid redoing all the wiring since i know i already did it right unless something happened after the installation.

jesse: his head unit worked perfectly in my car and screeched like hell in his. im gonna try switching out the speakers but still use the wiring already in his car. that should narrow the problem down and ill go from there.
Old 03-05-2004, 08:11 PM

I'm putting my money on engine noise/alternator whine. That's what I'd start with.
Old 03-05-2004, 09:15 PM
Just Ledoux it!

IM thinking there some short in the wires, the screeching if I remeber was intermittent.. yeha I woudl try any other speakers...