Audio HQ Car audio, regular music, anything audio should goes in this forum.

speaker screeching noise...please read

Old 02-23-2004, 06:21 PM
Maximaniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default speaker screeching noise...please read

so i put a head unit and speakers in my friends paseo, yeah its a piece o shit but o well. Alpine cda-7893, 60x4 blabla you know the rest, Alpine type r coax 5.25 front 6.5 rear. Ran new speaker wire, used inline crossovers which come with the speakers, speakers are powered by head unit.

Every couple minutes theres this loud screeching sound coming out of the speakers when either cd or radio is on. It goes back to normal after like 10 sec but it happens again after a min or two.

Ill prolly just switch out the head unit to see, but i really have no clue what it could be, besides the fact that it is the head unit, which it must be since i know i wired it right and everything. The only thing i didnt do was give it a direct fused connection to the battery, i just used the stock power wire but changed the car's radio fuse to 20a because the head unit draws 20a...could that be related at all or am i just scapegoating lol?

IDEAS?!?!?!

EDIT: if it is the head unit's amp ill just tell him to spend the extra $100 and buy an amp for the speakers which will solve the problem. Suggestions for amp??? JBL? (TBSpyder, model # of good cheap jbl one that will never overheat please lol i know u are a big fan of the jbl amps. thanks)
Old 02-23-2004, 06:30 PM

Is the car running when this happens?
Old 02-23-2004, 06:46 PM
Maximaniac

yeah..im not sure if it also happens when the car is off but yea it was happening when the car was on.

what are your thoughts?
Old 02-23-2004, 07:33 PM
Reppin' the 813

R u running power and rcas down the same side of the car? If so thats a NO NO. Also check the ground...theres other things to check for but i forget. Big thing is the power and rcas down same side of car. Engine noise gets in from the power and leaks into rcas, unless they are the expensive sheilded kind
Old 02-23-2004, 07:34 PM
Reppin' the 813

o shit nvm u are running it all off the h/u?
Old 02-24-2004, 02:53 AM

I'd see if it does it with the car off as well. Start to narrow things down. I'm guessing it's one of three things, bad HU, engine noise, or a loose/bad connection.
Old 02-24-2004, 08:15 AM
Just Ledoux it!

thats a dilly of a pickle, swap HU's first... and try the alpine in another car.. see iuf the screeching follows it..
Old 02-24-2004, 03:45 PM
Maximaniac

k, thanks guys
i wanted to work on his car today but he was workin (at his job at Chick Fil A lol) from 4-9.
ill let you know what happens when i solve it.

Kevin