Audio HQ Car audio, regular music, anything audio should goes in this forum.

6.5" coax on Alpine CDA9811 headunit

Old 02-19-2004, 09:44 AM
Old School.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6.5" coax on Alpine CDA9811 headunit

Thought I would hit up the audio guys, reading reviews on the internet is brutal, everyone seems to think that whatever they own is the absolute best thing ever built...

anyway. Just picked up the alpine 9811, and need some 6.5's to replace the stock speakers in a 91 Talon. I have seen some nice components for sale, new and used, but I don't know if I want to have to deal with extra wiring and having to find a place for the crossovers. The car does have spots though, for a tweeter to mount in the dash near the windshield.

I don't intend on ever putting an external amp or subwoofer in the car. Any suggestions on a set of 6.5 coax's that will deliver a little bit of bass and run efficiently on the head unit amplifier?
Old 02-19-2004, 02:42 PM
...transformer...

You can buy speakers that are two-ways. That way you wont need to mount tweeters any where. Also getting a speaker harness would save alot of time during application. Its not a long process. Very easy actually. Also, I would suggest buying new speakers over used ones. If you want more bass out of the speakers Alpine will suffice. Although they are not good on clarity. In my opinion, the best way to judge what set of speakers you want is to go down to audio shops. Each one may have a brand that another did not have. So you gotta compare. When you get there, turn up one of the radios thats for demo and listen to each set of speakers on display. Or even bring in a fav cd to put in. Some speakers sound better for different types of music. Make sure that the store has the amp and/or subs turned off as well when you are demoing them. You'd be surprised how an amp can change the sound. No one can really tell you what is better...You need to be the judge because its your ears that are listening to your system every day. Hope this helps in your decision process.

Last edited by 01IntegraGSR; 02-19-2004 at 02:47 PM.
Old 02-19-2004, 04:56 PM

There's another guy a few threads down asking a similar question. I'll suggest the same for you as I did for him, Infinity Kappas (or References if you're really tight on cash). If you don't plan on running an amp, then coaxials would probably be best for you.