Audio HQ Car audio, regular music, anything audio should goes in this forum.

trade or not

Old 02-16-2004, 10:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trade or not

i want sometion bigger but dont want to spend alot of money. i currently have 2 power acoustic 10"s in a box i made to a 600 watt kenwood amp. my friend will trade his 1 audiobahn 15 in a audiobahn box that is 1000 rms my subs are 600 rms each would it be a good trade ive never had hudiobahn speakers and dont really know if there better than what i have.i dont know what type of speaker his is but i know it was the style before the flame series he said about 1 yr old it is all aluminum looking cone.should i trade or not. i also am not really looking foward to custom making another box but if its worth it i will. my box i made for free and i paid about 130 for my subs how much do those subs go for new in a box?i just need some help deciding
Old 02-16-2004, 10:19 AM
Just Ledoux it!

how does it sound? louder than waht youve gotnow?
Old 02-16-2004, 11:12 AM

Default trade/not

ive heard his once and yah it was louder but he had an 800 watt rockford amp mine is a 600 kenwood i dont have money to buy a new amp so i need to use what i have i guess 200 watts shouldnt make a huge differance to not get it maby later i can save up to get a bigger amp
Old 02-16-2004, 01:20 PM
Reppin' the 813

Im not a fan of audiobahn but i would take an audio bahn speaker over power acoustik neday only cuz i read really bad things about their subs and a few of my friends had horrible past expierences with them. You might wanna try building one big ported box and def. getting a bigger amp later on. Also I hope you love SPL cuz ur not gettin SQ outta audiobahns. Then again u r running power acoustik
Old 02-16-2004, 03:14 PM

If you're going for loud on a budget, Audiobahn is the way to go. As long as you give him a home in a nice BIG box and feed him LOTS of watts, he'll treat you well. But yeah, they're not SQ speakers.