American Iron Tech A haven for those who love classic American muscle cars

Baldwin Motion

Old 07-10-2005, 09:15 AM
70Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Baldwin Motion

I didnt want to hijack the other thread so I started a new one.

Roracer,I looked at your profile. The reason nobody you ask knows Baldwins is probably because there not OLD enough

Anyhow, I know 2 guys who own real Baldwin cars. To me they are the epitome of coolness. For one, they sort of remind me of a real life hot wheel. And for another, how can you not like a car that had the coolest guarantee of any car ever?! I don't know if you know this, but when you ordered a Baldwin Motion car they would ask you how fast you wanted it to run the 1/4 mile. If your car wouldn't turn the time you could return it for a full refund. No cars were ever returned, lol.

Also, from going to alot of national shows I happened to get hooked up with a bunch of guys who have a little "club" if you will. One of those guys is Joel Rosen(I think),the guy who owned Baldwin Motion.

Another guy is Kevin Suydan. Kevin has the most spectacular, out of this world, over the top, outrageous, jaw dropping collection of muscle cars your ever going to see. Among his priceless gems are a few of the most valuable Baldwins known to exist. Check his collection out, but better have a bib handy because if your a muscle car lover your gonna be drooling all over yourself.
http://www.corvettes-musclecars.com/

Last edited by 70Z; 07-10-2005 at 09:20 AM.
Old 07-10-2005, 10:39 AM
Grandpa

Yeah everyone usually knows of the Yenkos, but the Baldwins were just as bad if not badder. I remember the first one I saw when I was a kid was white, and I recall the guy slamming the gears as he was going by us in traffic.
Old 07-10-2005, 09:08 PM

wow, that collection is nuts........i would love to have any of those cars- but i think im doomed to the non-ac wannabe fast cars. the only old, like 70's, car that i have been in with ac is my grandmothers 1977 delta 88 pace car replica. but even with that factory 403 it wasn't really fast. but yea to stay on track, my car isn't original anymore, so i would love to make a motion replica, i don't care if people know it's a replica because there is no point of telling people it's real. lol hell i still have the column shifter from the original 6 so thats a dead give away it's not a motion.
Old 07-11-2005, 04:53 AM
The Happy Mrs.

I like the car roracer70. Like you said, who cares if it's an orig. Mines not a SS but has the hood. I rather make it what I want, but just like you said, I'm not going to try to play it off as being something its not either. I still have a column shifter too!

And thanks Z for the info. I had never heard of a Baldwin Motion car before. When I saw the picture and it was mentioned in the other thread, I thought, a what? lol.
Old 07-11-2005, 06:14 AM

Wow..that guy has some rare cars...Mr.Norm..Yenko..Baldwin...Shelby..Boss..I need to hit the lottery or something...DAMN I remeber the Baldwin/Motion Camaro's..they were wild back then.
Old 07-11-2005, 04:07 PM
70Z

roracer70 I wouldn't think twice about a Baldwin clone. If there is one car you can clone and not get belittled in any crowd I would think it's a Baldwin. For starters, if your driving it everyone who knows what it is knows it's a clone, but they don't care because they just want to hear one run. Second, the people who don't know what it is will be too freaked out by the sound your making to even ask what it is..lol..

If you ever get real serious about building a clone and need the list of parts it would take, let me know. I think I know people that would know that stuff.

Also, Dano you are exactly right. Yenko's were fast but BM's were just crazy. One of Kevins cars(not sure which) ran 11.6 all stock with 8 inch slicks and (dont quote me on this, my memory isnt what it use to be) dyno'd at like 575rwhp. Thats insane.
Old 07-11-2005, 05:24 PM
Jonathon

Originally Posted by Flastangs
Wow..that guy has some rare cars...Mr.Norm..Yenko..Baldwin...Shelby..Boss..I need to hit the lottery or something...DAMN I remeber the Baldwin/Motion Camaro's..they were wild back then.
MR Norm is the shit, i love looking at a 340 duster with a paxton from 1970
Old 07-11-2005, 05:32 PM
70Z

like this maybe?