American Iron Tech A haven for those who love classic American muscle cars

whats a 426 hemi engine worth?

Old 06-07-2005, 01:18 PM
I gota Cheby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whats a 426 hemi engine worth?

Just wondering on the worth of a 67 426 Hemi motor complete, carb to pan, not blown up. Been sitting for maybe now 25 years I guess. With all the Hemi cars now going over the 180 mark on a reg basis I'm wondering how much the engine might be worth to someone who needs to make their Hemi date coded correctly.

Only 1/4 mile track I know is Gandy Bridge
Old 06-07-2005, 02:36 PM
july 20, 1969 i believe

now that everyone watches barrett jackson and american hot rod they think there piece of shit car and or parts are worth something way more than they are. but its a hemi and you cant go wrong especially with an old hemi, if its a 67 does it have dual quads? where has it been sitting? is the engine complete stock or did someone mess with it? what did it come out of, there is only a few cars through chrysler that it would of came from.

where were you in 1962?
Old 06-07-2005, 04:29 PM
I gota Cheby

well it is completely stock, been inside the garage on the floor. not broke just needs a rebuilt now if its going to be used. Yes Barrett Jackson stuff goes for amazing mucho dollars. Makes it harder for the average guy now to buy old muscle cars because people think their car is gold. Well maybe $50,000 later in a restore yes but not the way it sits lol! So many yrs dont know what it came out of. I think it was a statelite, or that big size car. Forgot now. I guess I could run engine code again to see what it came out of exact.

Old 06-07-2005, 06:32 PM
Jonathon

you can buy brand new crate hemi's now for about ready to run. w/warrenty. so the value of older ones has dropped a bit. its has more value to some one restoring a 67 but not much. i would say anywhere from 2500-5000
Old 06-07-2005, 06:38 PM
I gota Cheby

well to be hoest I think its worth at least double that as I'm starting to research it. Yes your right its worth a lot more to someone who has a 67. 440 satelite I've seen go for about 45000 to 80000 and if its a Hemi car its double and triple that. So it could be worth a lot more then. last offer was 6500 and now someone wants to offer even a lot more. heck been sitting this long might just sit a little longer.

Old 06-07-2005, 07:37 PM
Grandpa

It's not worth anything, sell it to me for $100.

Seriously, there is a guy in Wisconsin named Galen Govier, he is like the "Mopar God" to some. He keeps a databank on all hemi cars. If the guy who owns the car that the motor you have belongs to is looking for it, its worth even more. In some cases they will trade you the non-numbers Hemi of theirs and cash for yours. The new 426 crate motors are around 10-11k IF you got connections that can get you one. If your serious on selling it I could probly find you a local buyer for sure.
Old 06-08-2005, 04:05 PM
I gota Cheby

Originally Posted by plymouthpower
well i will by the thang if thats what your asking and the tracks well ya got the 6 mile 301 near the big top flea market and the causeway is the hot spot for right now
^^^ not sure what your replying to
but back to the post, no not really interested in selling yet, have had it this long. doesnt eat or need clothes like my kids do, now them hmmmm.

Old 06-09-2005, 05:47 AM
The Happy Mrs.

Just curious, how did you end up with it? Did you have plans to put it in something?