American Iron For Sale Please keep this strictly American Iron related For Sale/WTB threads.

F/S 1980 CJ7 4x4 Laredo w/ lift kit installed

Old 09-28-2007, 10:37 PM
EG2 CRX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F/S 1980 CJ7 4x4 Laredo w/ lift kit installed

Hey there,
I am the second owner of a 1980 CJ7 4x4. It's got the 258 AMC inline, fully rebuilt a few thousand miles ago and 4 speed manual transmission. I have installed a Comptech 4" lift and she currently runs 33x12.5x15's BFG's. She is black w/ practically brand new Best top front and rear seats and a Best top soft top/doors.

I have my mind set on a few toys and was wondering if anyone would be interested in making an offer on my Jeep. I really hate selling toys but I dont have the time to restore her to perfection as I would like to. I figure there can always be more Jeeps in the future. Not much is needed for this CJ in all honesty. I have removed all carpet as I was going to rhino liner it but found 2 rust spots in the bed. They are not bad - easily cut out and fixed by welding in some sheet metal and going over w/ Rhino. There are a few scratches/minor dings in the body work but she is, afterall, 27 years old. Below is pic. If anyone is interested, lemme know by replying here or shooting an email to tampajason@gmail.com

Thanks!

Old 09-29-2007, 02:12 PM
EG2 CRX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here are some more pics. Sorry for quality, I only have a camera phone. I will list pro's and con's to this vehicle.

Here are the rust spots mentioned. Easily cut out and replaced w/ metal. and then covered in rhino. These were my plans.

The outside looks great. Aside from one minor rust spot on the corner of a fender that MAACO painted over, the outside is near perfect. There are a few dings and scratches, but it still looks pretty damn good. Jeeps need character. The rust you can see is there, but easily fixable. I did install a cheap radio and speaker system in the vehicle as the other one was old and did not work. I did not put too much money into this as I was afraid someone would either steal it or it would get rained on. I do have a habit of not putting the full top on and driving thru the rain. Man, that's fun. I did, also, accidentally break the turn signal switch, but they can be picked up on eBay for $25. I've already searched.

The suspension lift was professionally installed by 4 Wheel Parts of Tampa and does have complete warranty. I would assume that the warranty would follow over to new owner. I will get in touch with them, confirm, and get whatever necessary paperwork is required for this. I have a spare tire for this, but did not care to carry it on the back of the vehicle. I thought it took up too much space I will supply the spare tire as well. I have currently a Motorcraft 2100 carb installed, but it is out of tune a bit. She does run a tad rich and the timing is advanced a few degrees too much which causes it to blurp after shutting down every now and then. I really just havent taken the time to fix this but it is very simple. The power valve needs replacing as the Jeep tends to stall out a bit under heavy braking. I will supply an extra Motorcraft 2100 carb and the original Weber that came with the Jeep. I do have to admit though, after the 2100 was installed, I felt MUCH more torque through out the power band.

Overall, I love this jeep and really don't want to get rid of it, but "ya gotta do what ya gotta do".

I can't really accept less than $7000 as is. I know I am losing money on this, but I've been modifying cars for a long time and I know you don't get back what you put into them.

Thanks for looking!

Last edited by sxecrow; 09-29-2007 at 02:44 PM.