Quick question about swapping tires from side to side.

Old 08-01-2008, 05:10 PM
Won't fake the funk.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick question about swapping tires from side to side.

My rear tires are shot but my fronts have really good tread on them minus the insides with nasty camber, caster, and toe wear.

I was talking to a couple of shops locally, but I wont let them touch my SSR's.
Would if be feasible for you guys to swap the tires side to side so the wear is on the outside? Or do you not recommend that?

I need to get it aligned and put new rear tires on, but the car will be sitting and barely driven after that. I would get new fronts, but it would be a waste.

Let me know! They are Kumho's 225/40/18 on an 18x8.5 rim.

Thanks

MK3 Supra - 1uzfe, Quantum Manual Swap, HX52 Billet Comp, Enkei NT03+M, JIC Reclineables... etc...
Golf TDI Diesel - 45+mpg's
Old 08-04-2008, 09:09 AM
technician ...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats fine we can flip the tires, I did it with my tires on me car. Its just considered a side to side rotation ...

Originally Posted by George Orwell 1984
Its presupposed that somewhere or other, outside oneself, there was a "real" world where "real" things happened. But how could there be such a world? What knowledge have we of anything, save through our own mind? All happenings are in the mind. What ever happens in all minds, truly happens.
Originally Posted by Funk
Your mind contains the whole universe, the key is being able to see past yourself, this world, and thought itself.