Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

Ok its time to fix my car...I need EVERYONE'S help

Old 03-11-2005, 07:30 PM
Spent more money than you

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ok its time to fix my car...I need EVERYONE'S help

This shit has got to end. I've spent too much money on my car @ this point to turn back and I'm not about to let this shit get to me. So today I took it upon myself to finally get shit done. I was supposed to take it up to Collin today around 3pm...but around 1pm he stopped answering his phone My other mechanic Keith is sick as shit and I don't want to bother him anymore as he's done more then go out of his way on numerous occasions to help me through this shit. Its time to be a man and fix my own shit. So here we go...

Setup
JDM b16. stock internals
lovefab manifold
t3/t4 turbo
stock injectors (hooked up to a fucking resistor box)
no exhaust
VAFC I zero'd out
stock P72 (only temporary)
Holley in tank fuel pump 120lph (yes I need a Walbro)

I've had conflicting opinions on what kind of injectors these are. One thing we all agree on is that we have no idea why there's a resistor box hooked up to them unless they're OBD0 or DSM injectors.

Stay with me on this H/A Tech

Problem #1: There is a leak coming out of the head somewhere. Collin has already replaced both cam plugs, vtec soleniod, and distributer o-ring. Still leaking. I plan to get a compression test done as soon as I get my hands on a tester to rule out a warped head or whathave you.

Problem #2: Car died on me 2 months ago after washing the motor bay with water (no I WILL NEVER do it again) I used the engine degreaser stuff and washed it down throughly with a pressure washer. I tried to cover the distributer with a plastic bag, but it kept flying off so I said fuck it. I'd done the same thing on my 4 door twice with no problems so I figured this woudn't be a problem either. I didn't get half a mile outside the base gate when this bitch started camming out then finally dieing. I pushed it out of the intersection and let it set for a while. After letting it sit for a while, car finally started and ran fine. I'm pretty sure that's what led to this....

Problem #3: Car died on me on the way up to Mississippi on super bowl sunday, about 3 or 4 days after problem 2. I'm cruising in vacumm @ exactly 70mph when all of a sudden the car starts bucking. I push the gas and it clears out. Keep driving and then it start to happen again. I say fuck it I need to pull over and see what the hell is going on. I put my signal light on (i'm in the 3rd lane), get to the second lane and the car flat out dies. I throught it in neutral and cruise over to the emergency lane. Try to start and it cranks over but doesn't fire. I call numerous people including Keith and we conclude its a fuel issue. I let it sit for approx 10 minutes and it starts right up. I continue on up I-75 and not even 5 minutes later it starts to buck again. By this time I said I'm not going to make it like this and turn around. Car dies 1 more time on the way back to the Tampa, but started again by the the same procedure as above. Just give it time, and it starts right up. @ this point the car still has the complete drag 3 kit including FMU. I leave the car with Chavez Motorsports and fly to Mississippi. While I was gone they switched out the manifold and wastegate, ditched the FMU and we replaced my oil pan and oil return line. All @ a very reasonable price I must say

Problem #4: Present day. I'm driving back from advance auto parts and I run over with a raised manhole with my front right tire @ a pretty resonable speed. Car dies. Same procedure as the above. At this point i'm fucking PISSED. We figured it was the FMU, but obviously that his not the case. That's what got me thinking back to problem #2. I finally get it back home with the same above procedures after the douch bag's shop that I broke down in front of wouldn't help me. After getting home, I finally decide its time to man up start working on this shit myself. I took my distributer apart to find the following:

Ummm...yea the rotor looks pretty fubar'd. How the hell water does that...I don't know. On the wiring...I'm pretty sure the blue clip thingy is a inline splice that connects to the monster tach mounted in the glovebox. I plan on getting the rotor fixed tommorow. BUT i'd rather ditch the MSD and external coil altogether. Let me know if you think that's a good idea or not. And if you have a spare stock distributer laying around that you know works...813-766-8841 lol

I will not press on with the rest of my upgrades (UD chipped ECU, 3in exhaust, tuning) until I am confident that this bitch won't die on the dyno and make me look like a complete fool. And please remember...with the exception of the upgrades I said were done by Keith, I bought the car as was and it ran fine. Only thing wrong with it was the leak.

Wow that felt good. I need a cigarette...and I don't even smoke

Racing Integration
LHT Performance
My tuner is named Alpha
Roque Fab = The best Fabricator in the WHOLE WORLD

The best engine in the world is the vagina, it takes any size piston, its self lubricating, starts with 1 finger, and every 4 weeks does its own oil change. It's just a pity the management system is so fucking temperamental.
Old 03-11-2005, 07:34 PM

I would disconnect your charge piping until you get that bitch tuned...

Good luck w/ everything.

Authorized Dealer & Tuner for: Hondata, eCtune, Neptune, AEM, Crome, Precision Turbo, Omni Power, Walbro, Innovate & more. Dyno Tuning Services, Ecu Chipping, Chipped Ecus, Conversion Harnesses, Widebands, Fuel Injectors, Fuel Pumps, Map Sensors & more.
For more information visit http://www.Phearable.net or call 1-888-236-9831
Old 03-11-2005, 07:38 PM

I am not hitting boost @ all. So I don't see a problem with that.

Racing Integration
LHT Performance
My tuner is named Alpha

The best engine in the world is the vagina, it takes any size piston, its self lubricating, starts with 1 finger, and every 4 weeks does its own oil change. It's just a pity the management system is so fucking temperamental.
Old 03-11-2005, 07:42 PM

So besides the distributer...could the igintor be fubar'd as well? Anything else I need to check that I you could possibly suggest?

Racing Integration
LHT Performance
My tuner is named Alpha

Old 03-11-2005, 08:11 PM
i stepped on my weiner!

dude MSD will cause some freaky ass issues if not maintaned, mine is kept INSIDE the cab to keep crap like this form happening, have you ever noticed the tach jump or die at all?

i would swap out dizzys, check out distributor king, or www.streetimports.com they have dizzy for all OBDs at a good price, if you had a wideband we could have found out if it was fuel related

10.02@149.5 Bullseye Power Turbos
Top Dead Center Performance
Mobile Alabama 251 661 6067
owner/operator
www.tdcperformance.net
Old 03-11-2005, 08:34 PM

This just in..I have an OBD2a motor.

Life just keeps getting better and fucking better.

Racing Integration
LHT Performance
My tuner is named Alpha

Old 03-11-2005, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by spectacle
This just in..I have an OBD2a motor.

Life just keeps getting better and fucking better.
Well, atleast you got rid of your fmu.... (I hope)

Get rid of your msd crap & install an oem ignition system.
Buy brake clean and find your leak.
Upgrade your fuel pump.
Figure out all of your small issues.

Get the proper injectors for your setup (550s would be good)
A chipped ecu with a decent basemap to get you to your tuner...
Have your car tuned & be happy.

Btw, what wastegate are you running ?

Authorized Dealer & Tuner for: Hondata, eCtune, Neptune, AEM, Crome, Precision Turbo, Omni Power, Walbro, Innovate & more. Dyno Tuning Services, Ecu Chipping, Chipped Ecus, Conversion Harnesses, Widebands, Fuel Injectors, Fuel Pumps, Map Sensors & more.
For more information visit http://www.Phearable.net or call 1-888-236-9831
Old 03-11-2005, 08:58 PM
BOOST IS BETTER!

looks like a internal WG....
Old 03-11-2005, 09:08 PM

Tial 38mm

Racing Integration
LHT Performance
My tuner is named Alpha

Old 03-11-2005, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by mtber
Well, atleast you got rid of your fmu.... (I hope)

Get rid of your msd crap & install an oem ignition system.
Buy brake clean and find your leak.
Upgrade your fuel pump.
Figure out all of your small issues.

Get the proper injectors for your setup (550s would be good)
A chipped ecu with a decent basemap to get you to your tuner...
Have your car tuned & be happy.

Btw, what wastegate are you running ?
FMU is gone and forgetten. see problem #3
will find the leak ASAP
fuel pump is gonna be a problem. i have stuff in the way.
you don't even wanna know half of my "small" issues. i could go on for days

I already have saturated(i believe) 450s
Already have chipped p61 with basemap loaded
car can't be tuned until new dp and exhaust is welded and installed. and kteller fucked that up for me this weekend.

already answered that.

Racing Integration
LHT Performance
My tuner is named Alpha