Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

Anyone familiar with Engine lab???

Old 03-29-2006, 04:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone familiar with Engine lab???

I was wondering what the word (if anyone even knew) was on the folks at Engine lab?? I remember Jesse (Maxtype240) on here had plans for them to build his KA, but since he has left, I hadn't heard anything about his project.

I'm in the process of collecting all the forged goodies and other stuff I'll need for my built Ka and am looking for a reputable place (as in...possibly have built a Ka before) to build it up for me....

Any insight to some reviews and such with regards to them would be great....anyone??

-Bill
Old 03-29-2006, 05:32 AM

I've not done anything with them but some folks on here like them
https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/n...head-work.html
Old 03-29-2006, 06:09 AM

as far as machine shops, AMT (part of united speed world) is the best in the business. They have machined over 30 blocks for us, but we assemble them all in house.
Old 03-29-2006, 06:27 AM
dan
Get the fuck off my lawn

engine lab did jesse's block, jeff's block, and have done one or two other KA's around here with no ill effects. and i think enthalpy uses them.
Old 03-29-2006, 10:56 AM
Vice President

they polished my crank and did a balancing of the rotating assembly on my ka. So far i've had no problems. Some say they are pricey, but you get what you pay for.

Old 03-29-2006, 12:59 PM
tak
A to the K

I think they are a bit overpriced, but you do get what you pay for. Their work seems to be top notch. They will give you a tour of their shop and their sales pitch if you go there.

I have also heard many good things about USW on Florida.

Old 03-29-2006, 05:37 PM
army pilot

jesse had to go thru them twice the first time was mixing sohc block with dohc head and it was a fail. 2nd time all the parts matched and was a very nice built kat

Originally Posted by Tackleberry
thats an insult to a circus
Old 03-29-2006, 08:45 PM
dan
Get the fuck off my lawn

Originally Posted by I'm Phucked
jesse had to go thru them twice the first time was mixing sohc block with dohc head and it was a fail. 2nd time all the parts matched and was a very nice built kat
chock that up to jesse getting duped into being sold a sohc block hehe but damn if that sohc block didnt look fuckin mint!

edit - and props to engine lab for calling jesse up and informing him that his head wasnt fitting properly, and he came over and they helped him diagnose the problem.
Old 03-30-2006, 05:19 AM

yeah, I was having my motor built the same time Jesse was having issues with his. I ended up selling Jesse's DOHC spare engine back to him after I bought it for a spare. The guys there are awsome and very professional. Throughout the week that it took to order some bearings and other stuff they needed for my engine they called me at least every other day to let me know the status of my engine. They do what you want them to and don't try to sell you shit you don't want or need. Their facility is cleaner than a damn surgery room.

If I recall Matt Vassallo used them for the machining of their motors but Matt puts them together as he has personal preferences as far as clearances and shit.

They specialize in performance engines and have done bookoo race engines for people. IMO you can't go wrong with them.

Last edited by TNathe; 03-30-2006 at 05:26 AM.
Old 03-30-2006, 07:30 AM

Awesome.....exactly the type of responses I was hoping for. I guess I'll be hgaving them do all my block work and possibly having XAT assemble the motor then. *sigh...as soon as I'm done collecting all my forged goodness that is...lmao.

Thanks everyone for the replies...you guys rock.

-Bill