Silvia OEM+ build

Old 08-22-2012, 06:28 PM
JDM cavaliers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wasn't running any better after swapping the pump/sock. Pulled the pump out again and there was a 1/2" layer of rust/sediment/gunk in the bottom of the tank... never seen anything like that before. Surprising since the rest of the car is very clean.

Originally Posted by Jr_SS
It involves dropping the subframe... No way around it. I would personally drop them rear as an assembly.
On S14s maybe, but S13s it drops right out. Pulled it out today. Local radiator shop quoted $125 to clean and coat it. Looking for a good used one.

...and then I wondered why I was on Stanceworks forums...
Old 08-22-2012, 09:04 PM
S one 4

Originally Posted by KendallH
Wasn't running any better after swapping the pump/sock. Pulled the pump out again and there was a 1/2" layer of rust/sediment/gunk in the bottom of the tank... never seen anything like that before. Surprising since the rest of the car is very clean.

On S14s maybe, but S13s it drops right out. Pulled it out today. Local radiator shop quoted $125 to clean and coat it. Looking for a good used one.
Hmm, well ain't that a bitch. I assumed it was pretty much the same method to drop the tanks between the S-chassis, well, I've been wrong before. Sucks you have to hunt for a new one. However new ones are only $325 and personally, that's what I would be doing. You'll most likely never have to worry about it again if you went that route. It's always better to pay a little more for better items, then trying to bandaid something else.
Old 08-25-2012, 02:11 PM
February - Ride of the Month

neat thread. should look sweet when finished especially because aero bumper.

If you need a gas tank I'll aell one for 100

RIP Tim Aldrich
"..watch this cool documentary on bums racing shopping carts downhill, and making a living off of selling bottles. living the dream."

Old 09-03-2012, 08:03 PM
JDM cavaliers

Picked up a good used tank from Magic:

Cleaned and undercoated:

Installed the tank and it fixed the issue. Glad I didn't end up buying a bunch of parts I didn't need trying to hunt down an SR issue like I see tons of people do.

Also painted my valve cover because the old paint was burning and looking gross, not sure how I feel about it:

OEM bros:

Old 09-19-2012, 01:17 PM
JDM cavaliers

Finally lowered the front and installed the Bomex sides (sold to me as Silvia sides, oh well). Not sure how I feel about them. Will probably try and get ahold of some real silvia sides down the road.

Old 09-19-2012, 03:13 PM
no

Car looks nice. Track down the bumper grill inserts to hide your pipes.

dont blame shift and make this about me. this is time you could be applying online to be a bagger at publix.

Old 09-20-2012, 07:39 AM

Damn the 2 tone coupe is looking gooooooood!
Old 09-20-2012, 08:46 AM
.....taste the rainbow

Fuck 2 tone!
Old 09-20-2012, 09:48 AM
S one 4

If either of you two want to sell the two-tones in the future, please hit me up. I'd love to have a two-toner
Old 09-20-2012, 10:38 PM
JDM cavaliers

Originally Posted by mewantkouki
Car looks nice. Track down the bumper grill inserts to hide your pipes.
I've been looking. They are very difficult to find. Closest I've gotten so far was a guy in CA who crashed his car and wanted $100 for the one that survived. F that.

Originally Posted by Gil14
Damn the 2 tone coupe is looking gooooooood!
Thanks dude!

Originally Posted by Jr_SS
If either of you two want to sell the two-tones in the future, please hit me up. I'd love to have a two-toner
I had it up on Zilvia for trade, hint hint.

Quick Reply: Silvia OEM+ build