War Stories Fictional Stories about your "Track" conquests ;-)

More dumb roll races

Old 09-15-2010, 05:48 AM
I race sailboats

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More dumb roll races

So me and my buddy were cruising back home after a party the other night. He was rolling in his MKIV GTI, APR Tuned, 3" turbo-back, tippy trans, and a dying turbo, I was driving the S. We both came up to a red light and he floors it everywhere he goes for whatever reason so we both punched it when the light turned green. I walked him pretty hard but rolled out at the speed limit.

Apparently there was a civic behind us when we left the light and I guess he wanted in on the action so he does a ricer fly by at like 80mph weaving around us as he passes. Its an 8th gen SI sedan with an exhaust and HIDs. He eventually slows down and I gave him a ricer fly by of my own with hazards and everything just to taunt him. I slow down and he catches up and down shifts, I see a smug look on his face and his girlfriend and/or sister in the car with him. I drop in to 3rd, he honks it off and I'm about a fender out on the third honk. We both go at the same time and the fender quickly becomes about 12 car lengths before I get to 6000rshared_pm. I slow down to roll again and he just goes buy with his thumb up before pulling onto a side street.

I'm bored, so I'm just going to add every race I can remember to this thread.

Sitting at the light one block before the on ramp to 275 just north of downtown, I was in the right lane, and a GMC pick up truck was next to me. It had been raining a bit, so the roads were slick. The GMC was white with a regular cab and a regular box with a tool chest in it. I guess he knew I was going to try to get into his lane to get on the on ramp. The light turned green while I was looking down, and suddenly I heard his tires spinning like mad. I look over, and he has only moved about ten feet, so I floor it and dump the clutch at about 2500rshared_pm. The Audi takes off like its not even wet outside, and I go flying past him as he searches for grip. I get in his lane and a short bit later the light for the on ramp turns green. I punch it again and take the on ramp at about 45ish trying to distance myself from him a bit. I look in my mirrors and the bastard is straight up drifting up the entire on-ramp. He had the ass end out till he got to the merge lane, and once he finally got the truck straightened out he went flying past me (I had set cruise at the speed limit). He kept hauling ass for as long as I could see him, down past hillsborough.

Here in Daytona I was at a stop light next to a 370Z convertible that had been pacing me for a couple blocks. I didn't think much of it, but when the light turn green I wound first out a little more than usual, to about 2500rshared_pm. When I shifted into 2nd, he was about at my rear bumper and I heard him punch it. He put me on his rear bumper and I floored it trying to chase him down. At the top of second, 60ish mph, I had him back on my rear bumper, and by the time I let out in 3rd I had about 3.5 cars on him.

Also in Daytona, on the same road but about a mile east, I had a V6 mustang come flying up on me as I slowed for a red light. I had seen him weaving through traffic and being a mustang owner so I expected him to slide up next to me at the light since it was the only open spot. His friend was looking over at my car and saying something to the driver but I couldn't hear it over his stereo. The light went green and I rolled out the clutch before flooring it (I have never launched the car). I put about 8 cars on him by the time I let off at the top of second. He gave me the domestic ricer flyby and kept on going down the road. I had almost the exact same encounter with a B5 A4 with the 2.8 V6, I guess he thought I had the 1.8T (car is completely debaged) and I put 10-12 cars on him to 60. He didn't seem to like it very much.

Cruising home from wal mart one day not long after I had bought the car I had 3 other people in the car and groceries in the back. I also had bad VCGs and put about a quart of oil a month into the spark plug wells causing horrible misfires. On top of that, my passenger EGT had died and would put the car in limp mode randomly. I was driving behind my roommate in his stage 2 MKV GTI when a gutted EF with a fantastically bad sounding exhaust came flying up on us and down shifted. Up to that point the car hadn't been in limp mode, but when I down shifted I immediately felt it cut. My boost gauge just sat at 5psi and we stayed dead even with the hatch. My roommate walked away from both of us with relative ease, but I could not out run the damn civic. The driver of the hatch was very happy about that, he was laughing and fist pumping. I was quite mad the car picked that moment to become rather slow.

BLACK FENDER PART OUT

Last edited by omgwtfbbq!; 09-16-2010 at 02:13 PM.
Old 09-15-2010, 06:04 AM
2 slow 2 race

12 cars before even having to shift once?
Old 09-15-2010, 06:07 AM
I race sailboats

Yessir. 3rd is a high gear for 40 (6-speed), I was going about 85 when I let out.

BLACK FENDER PART OUT

Last edited by omgwtfbbq!; 09-15-2010 at 06:13 AM.
Old 09-16-2010, 02:13 PM
I race sailboats

Added some more stories while procrastinating

BLACK FENDER PART OUT
Old 09-17-2010, 09:29 AM

very nice. atleast i have something to read while im at work.

Tampa Bay Rotary Owners Club Member # 4
Team Decep!
you never saw it coming
Old 09-17-2010, 10:17 PM

*sigh* Man did I forget how bad the ricers are in daytona xD an I am moving back looks like you had fun!
Old 09-18-2010, 08:04 AM
I race sailboats

Yeah we were discussing epic 350Z guy with the fake blower just yesterday

BLACK FENDER PART OUT