Tampa Racing

Tampa Racing (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/)
-   War Stories (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/war-stories/)
-   -   Me vs. new Red GTO (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/war-stories/573697-me-vs-new-red-gto.html)

BAMF 05-23-2009 10:11 PM

Me vs. new Red GTO

Coming home form Big Shots tonight I ended up at a light with a New Edge Mustang, a Foxbody Mustang, and a red Pontiac GTO. I was on my Yamaha Raider which I just bought today. We're all sitting at a light and everybody starts revving their engines taunting the cop at the other end of the intersection, which I thought was hilarious. But of course, there was no race to be had about a cop.

A few lights later me, the Red GTO, and the Foxbody line up. The Foxbody didn't appear to want any, but the GTO rolld into the throttle with me. About halfway through first we opened it up with him starting about half a car ahead. Stayed that way through first, brushed the rev limiter (I REALLY need a tach on this bike) and shifted into second, stayed about the same until I brushed the rev limiter again and shifted into third, and the GTO started pulling on me in third. By the time I shifted into forth easily into the triple digits by then (I wasn't looking at my speedo) I gave up and let him haul ass away. Good race whoever you were, you at least had exhaust work; car sounded good. Just thought I'd share.

Oh, and the New Edge Mustang came flying up behind us well after the race was over. Were you actually on it from the light, guy, or were you just 10 minutes late to lay into it?

YBlegal 05-24-2009 01:48 PM

nice run...

Bumpin' Yota 05-25-2009 02:13 PM

Haha nice! Was the GTO obscenely loud with a few stickers on the back quarter windows?

BAMF 05-25-2009 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Bumpin' Yota (Post 6665483)
Haha nice! Was the GTO obscenely loud with a few stickers on the back quarter windows?

Obscenly loud? I dunno if I'd call it that, I was on a bike so I suppose I can't make an accurate evaluation of it, but it was definately rocking out some exhaust work. As far as stickers on the quarter window, not really sure at all. It was a pretty clean car, really.

HeavyChevy3800 05-25-2009 05:35 PM

Was the fox body white and on welds?

BAMF 05-25-2009 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by HeavyChevy3800 (Post 6666213)
Was the fox body white and on welds?

The fox body was most certianly white, and dude...its a Foxbody. What Foxbody ISN'T on welds? I didn't bother looking, but I bet it was. :lol:

HeavyChevy3800 05-25-2009 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by BAMF (Post 6666235)
The fox body was most certianly white, and dude...its a Foxbody. What Foxbody ISN'T on welds? I didn't bother looking, but I bet it was. :lol:

Was the New edge a Dark colored V6 or a yellow GT vert? This is like playing Guess Who w/ Mullet Machines :mullet:, buahaha

BAMF 05-25-2009 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by HeavyChevy3800 (Post 6666287)
Was the New edge a Dark colored V6 or a yellow GT vert? This is like playing Guess Who w/ Mullet Machines :mullet:, buahaha

It had racing stripes on it, that I'm almost sure of. And the stripes were dark colored like a dark blue or black or brown or something. I think the car was some kinda washed out yellow looking color, but I really didn't pay much attention to it. Appearently, it was dog slow. :lol:

Bumpin' Yota 05-25-2009 06:43 PM

hahaha wassup Deviant!! Have you run "the man/factoryfreak"?

1slow4v 05-29-2009 09:01 AM

Any of you guys run across an all blacked out new edge? It sounds really, really good.