The TRuck Forum Trucks, Jeeps, bajeep!

What did you do to you TRuck today?

Old 07-29-2009, 03:03 AM
can survive...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nismokid
^With all the news feeds or whatever its called. She uploads 3382048 pictures a day Its cool tho. Is she an actuall model?
LOL.. yep, thats her! Yea, she does it for fun. She has a link to her online portfolio in her blog.
Old 07-29-2009, 05:12 AM
!!PORTUGAL!!

Hustling a new wheel/tire combo for the jeep.

Hopefully in a couple week ill start ordering a new front control arm and steering setup for it, because the setup on there is trashed.

Oh and exhaust is on the list too, lol.
Old 07-29-2009, 02:12 PM

loaded up the bed of the truck with a bunch of trees that i cut down and hauled it to the dump. hahaha
Old 07-29-2009, 02:17 PM
The New Jessie James

Looked at the truck, and noticed the front wheel bearings are shot now. I think, When I have the truck jacked up and the two front tires off, I can move the wheels up and down, not side to side. Any body know a brand or where I can get heavy duty wheel bearings? I don't think the OEM replacemnt wheel bearings wont hold up for too long running 35's....
Old 07-29-2009, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by nismokid
Looked at the truck, and noticed the front wheel bearings are shot now. I think, When I have the truck jacked up and the two front tires off, I can move the wheels up and down, not side to side. Any body know a brand or where I can get heavy duty wheel bearings? I don't think the OEM replacemnt wheel bearings wont hold up for too long running 35's....
I'd check around for some Timkin brand bearings. NAPA also seems to have a good rep with the silverado guys who replace their wheel bearings and run oversized tires in rough underfoot conditions. You have to remember that's a pretty tiny bearing carrying weight, more unsprung then anything that it was never designed to in conditions it wasn't really designed to be used in. 35"s are a huge tire for stock ranger running gear. 35"s are a lot for full size trucks stock running gear let alone a 1/4 ton truck. I'm also wondering if in fact it's a wheel bearing and not a bushing or ball joint. If it was a bearing you should have play in 360 degrees. I know when mine went out on my silverado you could move the tire quite a bit in any direction. Might want to double check it is the bearings.
Old 07-29-2009, 04:55 PM
previously SLOWBOOST

just jack it up and see where its moving.

FOR A WOUNDED MAN SHALL SAY TO HIS ASSAILANT
'IF I LIVE, I WILL KILL YOU. IF I DIE, YOU ARE FORGIVEN'
SUCH IS THE RULE OF HONOUR.
Old 07-29-2009, 06:09 PM
Drives a cowboy corvette

looked at the truck i just got and told myself, "I should have got a truck that was lifted.."
Old 07-29-2009, 07:18 PM
The New Jessie James

Originally Posted by MonteCarlo31
I'd check around for some Timkin brand bearings. NAPA also seems to have a good rep with the silverado guys who replace their wheel bearings and run oversized tires in rough underfoot conditions. You have to remember that's a pretty tiny bearing carrying weight, more unsprung then anything that it was never designed to in conditions it wasn't really designed to be used in. 35"s are a huge tire for stock ranger running gear. 35"s are a lot for full size trucks stock running gear let alone a 1/4 ton truck. I'm also wondering if in fact it's a wheel bearing and not a bushing or ball joint. If it was a bearing you should have play in 360 degrees. I know when mine went out on my silverado you could move the tire quite a bit in any direction. Might want to double check it is the bearings.
Thats why I was wondering if there was a "heavy duty" like wheel bearing. I'll look at it a lil more when its light out. Thanks!
Old 07-30-2009, 07:46 AM
can survive...

yea, sounds like a ball joint.

Autozone sells Timkin bearings. Thats what I replaced both my fronts with.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:20 PM
is breaking shit

Well Nick you need Ball joints buddy...... I just replaced both front hubs again...... NAPA hubs suck royal donkey balls.....
I think I still take the "stupid owner" of the month award here.
RIP Tad.