TRShop Reviews Reviews of service provided (good or bad) by local shops. Keep it factual and honest people, no flaming, no posting personal details and keep it ontopic.

S&R Performance Doin It Right!

Old 06-23-2011, 02:44 PM
How's the view back there

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S&R Performance Doin It Right!

After a long while of my evo being out of service, I decided to get this bad boy back on the street. Dropped it off last weekend and had a new Tial44mm v-band wastegate installed, which required some custom fabrication done to relocate it coming off the AMS exhaust manifold rather than the back housing (which came out beautiful by the way). Anyway, after they got everything installed, I went down to the shop Friday evening to watch it on the dyno. When I got there, Bobby walked me around the shop and showed me some of the many projects they had going on (loved the Shelby GT500 by the way). Everyone at the shop seemed knowledgeable and were an all around pretty cool bunch. We had some issues along the way. I needed a new set of plugs at one point, so Bobby had them go pick me up some from down the street. Drew was tuning the car and was more than happy to explain anything I questioned. He was very knowledgeable and definitely knows what he's doing.

We finally got everything ironed out around 11pm. Took it out for a quick 20 min spin on the road to make sure everything was good, which it was. Drew did an excellent job and Bobby did me right at the end of everything. They invited me down for the shop cookout the next day, which I went too and spent day hanging out with some fellow gear heads. I'll be coming back to get some more issues ironed out here shortly. Thanks for everything guys.