Tampa Racing

Tampa Racing (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/)
-   TR Shop Forums (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/tr-shop-forums/)
-   -   American 50's Diner (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/tr-shop-forums/845130-american-50s-diner.html)

senor honda 01-21-2022 03:32 AM

a video done by a PT Cruisers member who sometime attends The 50's diner cruise in

Here is a video done by a PT Cruisers member who sometime attends The 50's diner cruise in
as well as a car show at Keystone Motor Club Every 3rd Saturday

https://www.dropbox.com/t/XLq0KqFkdamKJDlo

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What Keystone Motor Club did on JAN 15 2022The WOK, Women Of Keystone gave us another great day at KMC January 15.
A Steven Spielburg Production........actually, he may keep on wishing......lol
----------------------
Months ago Danni Wells and Denise Johnson said they wanted to hold a chili cook off. Back when I was married I was partly trained and I know that
when a woman says she wants to do something, it's best to get out of her way.
So I got out of their way.
Danni and Denise get full credit for organizing the cookoff.
----------------------
It was a cold day driving up Gunn Highway to put up some signs and I was overthinking.....as I have sometimes admitted to.... (LOL).....but...

When I passed by Matlock Homes Glamorous Kitchens at Fox's Corners, I saw Denise Johnson unloading and setting up tables. When I got to Winn Dixie, I saw the familiar Red Chevy Belaire
of Mechiel Kopaska and Kurt Kalbath's Firebird and they told me they were getting supplies for the cookoff.

Back at Matlock Homes, people were arriving and signing in. I'm greatful that Tammy Whitlock had arrived and opened the show room. Danni was not only setting things up for the cookoff, she was also selling 50/50 tickets while I was signing people in.

Nitish Rele dropped off copies of Motoring Tampa Bay Magazine. Wayne Platteborze made a donation to Keystone Motor Club. Frank Salerno donated a speaker system for Keystone to use. Can you hear me NOW? Keystone Founders Sam and Carol Prentice stopped in for a visit, Denise Johnson did a live stream video, and Milt Roorda did a drive through with his Model T club. We had free magazines again, and some members donated door prizes.
--------------------
This was the closest chili cookoff ever!
The winner scored 101 points, second was 99 points and third place was 98 points.
1st Place was Mechiel Kopaska.
2nd Place was Gen Rummy.
3rd Place was Danni Wells.

Each entrant got a chili pepper necklace and their choice of trophy.
Mechiel picked out a red trophy to match her red car.I thank the entrants. I thank the unknown score keeper...who I still owe
a chili pepper necklace to,... and I thank all the judges.
We gave half the 50/50 to one randomly drawn judge......in this case the judge got $104.00.

Winners of the Herb and Carol Wagner Memorial Car Show Best Of Show trophy and $25 gift certificate were Nick Barrasso and Ed McGuinness.

We had the Best Chili in town, The Best Cookoff in Town. The Best Car Show in town and people were asking me "When is the next cookoff?"
Well folks, after you tell Danni and Denise thanks for putting this first one on,
you might ask about next year's contest.

Everyone said they had a good time.
And me? I'm greatful that the Women Of Keystone did such a great job....
and that someone saved me the last half of a bowl...... mmmmmm.....It was great!

I thank you and everyone for coming out. It was a great day, and the Best Chili Cookoff in Town!
-Bob

Theme for February will be "I love my car!"

senor honda 01-21-2022 03:49 AM

Additional info, If you would like to Join us at Keystone Motor Club

We are having a 3rd Saturday Roll-out to Keystone Motor Club car show.
Some car clubs plus individuals will meet (across from Sickles High School) at Walgreens Pharmacy 7925 Gunn Hwy and Sheldon Road 33626 then to arrive as a group, we promptly leave Walgreens at 915AM. Join us! Collect up your car club here and impress the heck out of everyone when you arrive as a larger group.
------------------------------
If you miss the roll out time of 915AM, ,we went North to Fox's Corner, Matlock Homes Glamorous Kitchens, 16921 Gunn Hwy in Odessa/Tampa 33556; (Gunn Hwy and N Mobley Rd). Contact is: Bobfixesitup@yahoo.com or text 813-452-7807

You should “join” the facebook groups. Send a like to your picture!....or to someone else's. lol
Dan/Gail Holsen Keystone Members Group page..
click:
Facebook Post

Isabellas Keystone Community page steelclassic23@yahoo.com...
https://www.facebook.com/Keystone-Mo...05308094834021
Before we moved out from Winn Dixie
We now meet at 16921 Gunn Hwy 33556 Odessa/Tampa/Keystone

Keystones Highly Informal Strictly Voluntary Humble newsletter and history:
Now with 32,000+ views https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/e...r-club-10.html

senor honda 03-04-2022 03:41 PM

CHRA-Christian Hot Rod Association supports KUMC Family Fun Day

https://ecp.yusercontent.com/mail?ur...4RVCTj.9Mg--~D

Pastor Kathi Sheehan
Keystone United Methodist Church
16301 Racetrack Road
Odessa, FL. 33556

Next to the BIG White Cross

813-920-5153 Office
813-787-6198 Cell

keystoneunitedmethodistchurch dot com

senor honda 03-07-2022 10:22 AM

First a Keystone Motor Club congratulations to Bob Lathrop.........

First a Keystone Motor Club congratulations to Bob Lathrop.........
Your 1973 Roadrunner GTX 440 is on the cover of Motoring Tampa Bay Magazine and
also in the Center Spread. There will be a limited number of magazines on hand at the
Keystone Motor Club March 19 meeting for autographing purposes. Thanks for stopping by!
------------------------------------------------
Facebook member page: FBK censors us and others........Keystone Motor Car Club

click Facebook " Keystone Motor Car Club Members "

Keystone Motor Club's 35,000 views, Highly Informal Strictly Voluntary Humble Newsletter:
https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/e...-car-club.html

For March 19 Shamrockin and Rollin Lorna Doone Party, Keystone Motor Club Best of Show gets a $25 Gift Certificate and the 24" trophy with the GREEN wreath!
https://apis.mail.yahoo.com/ws/v3/ma...ils=true&pid=2
08270001.JPG
808.7kB
Half the "Green" from the combined 50/50 Club Participation Award will be given away
to a single red ticket holder. KMC paid out over $100 at January 2022 meeting.

A Free Blue ticket holder will get a $25 Gift Certificate and Best of Show Trophy
for the NO ENTRY FEE car show.......but only if you do a 30 second sign in.

Special theme for March 19 2022 will be a Shamrockin' and Rollin' Lorna Doone Party!
(she was a real person) Wear green or pin a green dollar to your shirt for the

50/50 Club Participation Award!
Now where did I put my green shirt???

click:
IMG_5125.JPG
179.9kB

We meet and greet monthly on the 3rd Saturday at Matlock Homes Glamorous Kitchens....... at Fox's Corner North East corner....... 33556. Early roll in is 930AM for 10AM start...gone to the next car show or lunch by noon.... Guaranteed 50/50 Club Participation, $25 Gift Certificates, Car-type refrigerator magnets, door prizes, free magazines, sometimes food, BBQ sandwiches, special programs monthly....lots of fun...."Lets Make a Deal" car show with no entry fee!...Best of Show Trophy is 24" tall.

We are having a 3rd Saturday Roll-out to Keystone Motor Club car show.
Some car clubs plus individuals will meet (across from Sickles High School) at Walgreens Pharmacy 7925 Gunn Hwy and Sheldon Road 33626 then to arrive as a group, we promptly leave Walgreens at 915AM. Join us! Collect up your car club here and impress the heck out of everyone when you arrive as a larger group.
------------------------------
If you miss the roll out time of 915AM, ,we went North to Fox's Corner, Matlock Homes Glamorous Kitchens, 16921 Gunn Hwy in Odessa/Tampa 33556; (Gunn Hwy and N Mobley Rd). Contact is: Bobfixesitup@yahoo.com or text 813-452-7807

senor honda 05-20-2022 01:23 AM

Louise Smith: Racing pioneers weren't always menLouise Smith, NASCAR's First Lady in

Louise Smith: Racing pioneers weren't always men
https://ecp.yusercontent.com/mail?ur...bBuN790dtA--~D

Louise Smith, NASCAR's " First Lady in Racing" stands in her room of memorabilia in Greenville, S.C. Credit: AP (1998)
By JASON STEINWheelbase MediaOctober 23, 2012Racing has always been chock-full of "good ol' boys."

But what about the "good ol' girls?"

What about the wild woman from Barnesville, Ga., who used to show her passion for driving fast by outrunning the police in her hometown? What about the woman who loved hanging it out there so much that she nearly broke every bone in her body . . . and was darn proud of it?

There are pioneers who break new ground, and then there's Louise Smith, a woman who took dynamite to conventional thinking.

"I was just born to be wild," Smith told the Baltimore Sun daily newspaper more than a decade ago. "I tried to be a nurse, a pilot and a beautician and couldn't make it in any of them. But from the moment I hit the race track, it was exactly what I wanted."

And how.It was the early 1940s. Racing promoter Bill France Sr., the eventual founder of the National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing (NASCAR), was looking for a woman driver who might attract more women to his local track in South Carolina.

Someone knew someone else who also knew Smith, a woman who had become legendary for outrunning the law.

Even though she had never seen a race - much less driven in one - Smith finished third in a modified 1939 Ford. Not realizing that the checkered flag meant the end of a race, she kept driving around the track until someone threw out a red flag, forcing her to stop.

"They told me if I saw a red flag to stop. They didn't say anything about the checkered flag," she said.

Smith was bitten by the bug.

A year later, she borrowed her husband's new maroon Ford and said she was going on vacation. Instead, she drove to Daytona Beach, Fla., entered a race and wrecked the car.

On the bus ride back home, she created a story she would tell about the car breaking down on her trip.

"Where's the car, Louise?" her husband, Noah, asked when she returned.

"That ol' trap broke down in Augusta (Ga.)," she said.

Noah then showed her the front of the Greenville, S.C., newspaper that carried a picture of her wreck in Daytona.

"That's the greatest story of all," said the late Benny Parsons, a former NASCAR star and a TV analyst, in an interview in 2006 after Smith's death.

From that point on, despite her husband's objections, Smith became a regular on France's new NASCAR circuit. Using Smith as a bit of a novelty act, France would send her to Canada and the U.S. northeast in hopes of drawing more attention.

"We didn't think (NASCAR) was going anywhere," Smith said in an interview with the Associated Press in 1998. "So if we got the chance to go out of the state, it was like we went to heaven."

In a decade of racing, Smith made a name for herself, by winning races - 38 events in all - and producing spectacular crashes with her aggressive style. In one race her car overturned, a crash that gave her 48 stitches and four pins in her left knee.

On the circuit, driving against some of NASCAR's early legends, she was dubbed the "Good Ol' Gal" by the other drivers.

"We traveled in a gang," she told the Associated Press. "If one of us had a hot dog, we'd all get a bite."

But it was hardly easy being the first woman driver.

"Then men didn't like it to start with and they wouldn't give you an inch," she said.

Smith was a true barnstormer, running for $100 prizes and some extra appearance money.

After retiring in 1956, she remained active with the racing community, helping at tracks and sponsoring cars.

"I enjoyed every minute of it," she said. "Didn't make a whole lot of money, but if I could do it again today, I'd do it. And I think I'd make it."

Smith would be remembered as "the first lady of racing," and was the first woman inducted into the International Motorsports Hall of Fame in 1999.

She died at age 89, but not before leaving an indelible legacy.

Perhaps the late Benny Parsons said it best.

"If we could find a Louise Smith here in 2006 to get in there and finish fourth in the Daytona 500, imagine what that would do for NASCAR racing."

Just imagine.

Jason Stein is a writer with Wheelbase Media. He can be reached on the Web at shiftweekly.com Is for Sale by using the contact link.

senor honda 05-20-2022 07:21 PM

Peggy Sue's 50's Diner - Barstow, California 56,600 views

Peggy Sue's 50's Diner - Barstow, California

Jun 25, 2015

755DislikeShareSavehttps://yt3.ggpht.com/ytc/AKedOLTox3...00ffffff-no-rj
InlandEmpireExplorer
8.79K subscribersInland Empire Explorer is a local Southern California television show that features where to go, what to see, and what to do within the Inland Empire Region. Host, Joel Greene ventures through various mom-n-pop shops and famous local dives to explore what is right in our own backyard.

senor honda 06-23-2022 10:29 AM

Elvis and Keystone Motor Club endorse the 50's Diner Cruise-in Every Saturday

senor honda 08-08-2022 01:13 AM

Last minute for Aug 20 KMC

Last minute for Aug 20 KMC....
Congratulations to John Bertalan on getting your 2006 Red Corvette on the inside cover of Motoring Tampa Bay Magazine. It looked so good I thought it was a newer one! I'm holding back some copies for autographing and for your next car display.
-----------------------------------
As per member suggestion:
There will be FREE Do-It-Yourself Root Beer Floats at registration while they last!
and Ice cold bottled water for $1 donation. We are bringing in 96 pounds of ice for the drinks,
and I sure hope someone arrives thirsty! .......or I will have to drink 40 bottles of ICE COLD WATER and 60 cans of A&W Root Beer!......Burp... ...but not on site..... lol
--------------------------------
We got some donated straws that look like small souvenir umbrellas for the Root Beer Floats, just like the beach drinks....and a bunch of spoons., napkins, etc.
We will do the ceremonial "pouring of the sand" at 11AM so bring some sand to registration.....no joke!
and.......If you wear a Parrot or any kind of bird when you sign in, you get a years worth of
Keystone Motor Club car shows absolutely FREE! OK, OK....also if you have a shirt with an alligator... lol
---------------------------------
Danni Wells has secured ice cream for the RB floats. We have also been promised a cruise ship background for photographs as well as a beach backdrop.
---------------------
Friday night Cruise-in at Tropical Smoothies 8019 Citrus Park drive 6-8PM.
Get 10% off 24 OZ smoothie........ Across from Smoky Bones...We have the place to ourselves, so don't tell anyone.... shhh.
Take a pic of your car, show it to the cashier and get 10% off a 24 OZ smoothie of your choice.
-------------------
Latest pictures are up thanks to Dan and Gail Holsen. at
Facebook: Keystone Motor Car Club Members.....

Coming soon: Instagram!
----------------------
If anyone has a cordless weed wacker to loan for some trimming, let me know.
I can pick it up and return it. Thanks.
-Bob

Have a great day! bobfixesitup@yahoo.com 813-839-4281

Download all attachments as a zip file

___

senor honda 09-13-2022 07:26 AM

50's DinerCruise In supports Hope for the Children Ministries.

4th Annual Charity Car, Truck & Bike Show

Event Details

https://flacarshows.com/wp-content/u...A-791x1024.jpgAll donations benefit Hope for the Children Ministries. Your donation will help change a teen's life. Open to all years, makes, and models. Gift bags for the first 25 vehicles. Food, door prizes, 50/50, raffles, and music. Registration opens at 8am. Rain or shine.

senor honda 11-10-2022 04:02 AM

Doo wop collection of hits 3 music for your mind

DOO WOP COLLECTION OF HITS 3

https://yt3.ggpht.com/LZS9K9uqIFUYel...00ffffff-no-rj
MUSIC FOR YOUR MIND
5.75K subscribers1,690 views Nov 9, 2022
this is part 3 of my favorite top 100 as I said before some of these songs are on other mixes these are all number one songs to me therefore they are not numbered in any type of order as a DJ for over 30 years these songs either people sang along to danced close Etc

The opening of this mix by John is from The TV Series - Ben Casey. Complete list. 1.- I Love How You Love Me - The Paris Sisters. 2.- This I Swear - The Sky Liners featuring Jimmy Beaumont. 3.-Since I Don't Have You - The Sky Liners featuring Jimmy Beaumont. 4. Coney Island Baby - The Excellents featuring John Kuse. 5. Look In My Eyes - The Chantels featuring Arlene Smith. 6.- For Your Love - Ed Townsend. 7.- My Own True Love - The Duprees featuring Joey Vann. 8. I'm So Young - The Students featuring Leroy King. 9.- Dedicated To The One I Love - The Shirelles featuring Doris Coley. 10.- Once In Awhile - The Chimes featuring Lenny Cocco. 11.- Those Oldies But Goodies - Little Caesar & The Romans featuring David Johnson. 12.-You Belong To Me - The Duprees featuring Joey Vann. 13.- Til.- The Angels featuring Linda Jansen. 14.- Chapel of Love - The Dixie Cups. 15.- A Million To One - Jimmy Charles. 16.- Don't You Know - Della Reese. 17.- Stranger On The Shore- Aker Bilk. 18- Oh My Angel - Bertha Tillman.