Suggestion Box & Help TampaRacing Use this forum to make site suggestions, apply to be a moderator, or to just help us out.

Thread Delete

Old 09-27-2011, 04:16 AM
DOES NOT DRIVE AUTOMATICS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thread Delete

Don't you think it would be easier if when you (administrators) find something wrong with someones thread you pm'ed them to let them know to fix it rather then just deleting it. I just had a thread deleted and have no idea why, so i'm very likely to create the same thread with the same mistake since nobody will take the time to let you know what you did wrong. It's like the administrators get off on deleting threads.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:42 AM
Rey
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont know about the thread you are referring to but here is my input on this matter:

It's not that the admins/mods "get off" as you say when it comes to enforcing the rules and guidelines that have been set forth. Trust me, Id rather see the forum move accordingly without having to do anything but unfortunately thats not the case.
In every subforum, there are stickies on top that contain the rules and regs of the forum. 9/10, they go ignored and then the following happens:

1. countless misposted items
2. items posted without required items (price, pics, ect)
3. threads that have run way way off topic
4. many other individual reasons

The admins and mods have already taken the time to advise/warn all of the rules and regs that need to be followed in order to maintain a smooth functioning forum. We all make mistakes and all we can do is learn from it and move on.

My suggestion to all members is to make sure the rules and regs are read and understood PRIOR to making a new thread. If a thread is closed or deleted, GO BACK and READ the rules of that forum instead of demanding a specific reason without doing any research of your own. If AFTER you have read the rules and regs, you still do not understand the reason in which your thread has been deleted/closed, then feel free to contact a mod/admin and ask (but again this is after you have read the rules since they will probably answer your question for you).