Suggestion Box & Help TampaRacing Use this forum to make site suggestions, apply to be a moderator, or to just help us out.

Moderator Application

Old 12-21-2008, 02:11 AM
Resident User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moderator Application

TR Username:
conlyn

Car
:
07 mitsubishi raider; 91 DA 4 door; 07 cbr 600rr

Any specific car knowledge
:
General knowledge of most import and domestic makes and models
a strong grasp of engine technology fundamentals. (rotary, wankel, and
Also, Extensive electronic/tuning working knowledge aswell.
i built my first chevy at 15, and just finished my first honda build last year

Forums you would like to moderate
:
Honda-For Sale, as it evidently needs the most help.
it makes me ill when threads like this are allowed to run rampent.
https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/h...ats-4sale.html

At first glance, there's already more than enough moderators in Honda-FS, but obviously that idea is blown out of the water with the time and complete lack of attentiveness apparent in the current moderators of the forum. It's pathetic that thread went unchecked for weeks. It made me angry that there were posts in it, where people had blatently admited to stalking the guy's family on myspace, and then one user repeated posting of the sellers phone # multipul times with obvious malicious intent after the seller had deleted it from the post due to being harassed already.

I'm not going to attempt to read someones mind, no one but the seller knows if those seats are actually stolen or not. But i simply can't see how the moderators that saw that thread justify letting people accuse him of being a thief right off the bat without any other proof than s2000 owners having seats being a common theft item and his price being low compared to the average market on them.

Any experience at moderating:
For nearing 6 years now (joined 03/03)
i've moderated Totse.com, a web community of 55,000+ users.
also i am a moderator on TheRevoltPress, a bit smaller, but often as active.

What do you think the main job of a moderator is:
Keeping Spam/Scams/Drama out of the forums.
Keeping people from harassing one another, such as posting someone elses personal info, and mainly just giving people enough respect that they too will inturn respect the Administration and cause less issues for everyone

Why should you become a moderator:
Tampa Racing is my second home, I log in near daily. And since i started regularing on here some 3 years ago, it's become my first and foremost resource for market pricing and locating parts locally. It's also become a strong resource for gathering information on the types of projects not found anywhere else. I would merely like a chance to give back some of the love this communtiy has given me. I know i'm my no means perfect, i've probably done something to break a rule here or there, but i am fairly unbiased to anyone and i'm smart enough to know what is or isn't an acceptible post.

List users who do not like you:
I'm sure there's a handful, but the only one i can think of off hand though is some dude that had me drive 2 hours to look at his car, just to find out he was trying to scam me into trading my 240 for a 2g DSM that was supposed to be AWD and was just FWD. i don't remember his handle, but i ended up just leaving without saying anything because giving him a Negative TRating was all i could really do to let people know he's a worthless scammer.

I realize there may be no response to this post
:
i also realize there really shouldn't be even a need for me to apply.

TR Stock Steering-Wheel Crew
Member #001

TR "Old Skool DA" crew
Member #01.8L
Originally Posted by rich4rdee
OH MY GOD NOT A DA
Old 12-21-2008, 11:13 AM
Resident User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow, isn't that ironic.

someone finally puts up a post bitching about the way that thread had been allowed to go on for weeks and now it gets deleted, by someone who isn't even listed as a MOD in H/FS at that

Thread deleted by -faded-
great administration steps there
brush the issues under the rugs and pretend they never happened
sounds like our government of the last 8 years

TR Stock Steering-Wheel Crew
Member #001

TR "Old Skool DA" crew
Member #01.8L
Originally Posted by rich4rdee
OH MY GOD NOT A DA

Last edited by conlyn; 12-21-2008 at 11:15 AM.