Subaru Tech All We'll Drive

Should I sell my '07 LGT or keep it?

Old 05-22-2011, 08:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I sell my '07 LGT or keep it?

I'm debating on whether or not I want to sell my 2007 Subaru Legacy GT and possibly get into a newer WRX or STi depending on the price. I owe about $8600 on my car and got a trade appraisal on autotrader.com for $14900. I've already had Wesley Chapel Toyota and Courtesy Chrysler/Dodge call to ask me if I want to come in for an appointment so they can appraise my car and possibly get me more for the trade or buy the car outright. I'm kind of stuck right now because there aren't too many turbo LGTs running around Tampa, but there are a lot of WRXs and STis around town. The aftermarket for the LGT is there, but it is a little pricier than modding a WRX or an STi. My LGT is an automatic (yeah I know!) with almost 53K miles on the odometer. If I sell it outright to the dealer, and get what I want (which is rare), I would have some cash left over after paying the loan off to put against another car and possibly end up owing exactly what I owe on my current car. I don't want to get into anymore of a loan amount than what I currently have. Any one have any suggestions? Should I keep the Turbo LGT or sell it off to a dealer to pay the loan off an make some extra cash for another car?