Tampa Racing

Tampa Racing (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/)
-   Subaru Tech (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/subaru-tech/)
-   -   Perrin 3582R (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/subaru-tech/568265-perrin-3582r.html)

I'm Slow 05-04-2009 09:07 AM

^ the trap speed is definitely a tad bit off lol. Unless your missing gears and shifting with your elbow

specVmatt 05-04-2009 09:17 AM

Well I dunno if the power gains are worth the car running horribly until I get the DAM fixed. I had to reset the ecu before getting into traffic once, it was the worst thing ever. Stop and go traffic and every time I stopped the car would stall. I couldn't go into boost to get the DAM corrected. Worst 1hr 1/2 of my life.

I'm Slow 05-04-2009 09:42 AM

^ that doesn't sound right at all. You shouldn't HAVE to get the AM up so that the car stays idling and running smoothly in stop and go traffic. I can understand getting the AM up in order to reach full power or run the best times but not to keep the car from running shitty out of boost

specVmatt 05-04-2009 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by I'm Slow (Post 6594330)
^ the trap speed is definitely a tad bit off lol. Unless your missing gears and shifting with your elbow

Wait, so your not supposed to elbow shift? Damn, I even use my left one.

blacksti 05-04-2009 12:18 PM

gadiel tune!

3gsucks 05-04-2009 02:10 PM

the advance multiplier should not be making the car stall it has nothing to do with that.

specVmatt 05-04-2009 02:56 PM

Well the car runs horrible and stalls when slowing down and going into neutral, as soon as i fix it to .. perfect.

blacksti 05-04-2009 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by specVmatt (Post 6595456)
Well the car runs horrible and stalls when slowing down and going into neutral, as soon as i fix it to .. perfect.

mine did that from a vacuum leak.... or could be the fact that you probably werent tune for normal drive ability.... and it causes your rmps to drop so low some times it stalls and sometimes it will catch itself

Siegel Racing 05-04-2009 06:00 PM

I'm not sure how this thread about Ranaplata's 35R became about specVmatt's low trap speed...

Matt, you post in someone else's thread "My car is only trapping 107 mph"

not sure why you didn't call or e-mail me about it instead of posting it in someone else's thread, but I'll roll with it - you seemed like you might be asking "Why is my car trapping 107?" Which you then seem to be answering with "why do I need to raise my AM after a reset?"

I think the obvious next question is "why did you reset?" Did you have some other problem that threw a CEL that required a reset. Did you use seafoam again?

Then the thread becomes a not so subtle attack on my tuning.

Matt's car has had a SLEW of electrical/mechanical issues totally unrelated to tuning. In one of his threads I got blamed for him having front O2 sensor CEL's *WHICH HE HAD THE FIRST TIME I LOOKED AT THE CAR!!!*

We finally got his car running great and then he seafoamed it and made it all different... We got it running great again and last I heard it was fine but still eating front o2's, then I get "called out" in this thread about his low trap speed.

I just don't get it...

Siegel

blacksti 05-04-2009 06:09 PM

haha grow up dude his cars having problems and he wants input on it... dont get all butt hurt.. if youre confident in your tuning and feel its not your tune dont stress it