Subaru Tech All We'll Drive

07 sti motor install

Old 01-21-2009, 08:52 AM
infraction king

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BoosTedEj25
Yeah the original motor i bought from them sucked, another thing is back then CFT did not build their motors, the out sourced them lol. The second motor i build i did it with another shop. Subbie are a bitch wen u build them it a waste of money in my opinion. The best subbie is a stock block with a red or a green on meth.
true story about the stock block setup, i loved mine

98 E36 ///M3 Sedan
07 Civic Si Sedan
Old 01-21-2009, 09:03 AM
DudeMan

Originally Posted by LDadrenaline
you can do whatever you want as far as shops go... But I am one of the only people out here who goes to the track and rapes my car at least once month and never had a single engine issue. Never burned a drop of oil. S&R is the only shop I would ever take my subaru to
what does your stock block have anything to do with s&r? they didnt build your motor subaru did....

Old 01-21-2009, 01:02 PM
KAX

S&R is doing an 07 Limited right now, IIRC. He should be getting the car back soon. He's a friend of a friend, so I don't know much about it. I believe its a cosworth block and heads completely built, should rev close to 10k and depending on the turbo be good for around 800 hp.

But its not done, so I can't say how good S&R is. But I can tell you, LD, your whoring makes me dislike them a bit. You should relax a little with that.

For your CFT consideration. If cost is an issue, do not go there. The only good cars I've seen come out of CFT were cars that had no issue with cost, that seems to be the only way CFT cares to do a car correctly. If you ever have a problem with a car built there, expect no help of any kind unless you fork over more cash.
Old 01-21-2009, 01:25 PM

ok KAX you have officially convinced me to do it on my own lol.... it seems that there alot of deviating opinions on shops back home so it would probably be best to do it myself and ill probably need some help if anybody will have the time so.... as far as subie motors i agree there a pain in the ass to work on but i wouldn't trade mine for anything i love it to death!!!
Old 02-01-2009, 01:42 AM

If need be, let me know and i'll pull some strings for you. I still owe you one.