Subaru Tech All We'll Drive

Whats on your Christmas list?

Old 11-24-2007, 01:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Blu Ray is awesome! I highly recommend it!

There is a new PS3 out that's a 40GB and it's $399.

------------------------------
-2006 Subaru WRX Limited
-2009 Chevrolet Cobalt SS
Old 11-24-2007, 02:21 PM

ps3 is a good deal on a blu ray but thats it.. 360 ftw... NHL08' !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you have been mislead or fraudulently persuaded into buying a timeshare in the last 2 years.. I CAN HELP!!
Old 11-24-2007, 02:29 PM
Hondas? Breakfast?! OK!

um i want your mom first off (lol) So if she doesnt pop outta a box then my christmas has failed. Want a good tune. And to have me and my other two brothers all together in the same house. That hasnt happened in like 20 years. Literally...
Old 11-24-2007, 04:22 PM
Secret Squirrel

i love my family, we had christmas early, like this weekend.

i got a 32" lcd tv for the bedroom
bose 321 for the bedroom
xbox360 for the livingroom
rockband
call of duty 4
nike running socks
pillows

360 kills ps3, online is 10x better and it was gotten from kmart with 20% off. 274 w/ 2 games.
Old 11-24-2007, 04:51 PM
eats gunpowder

Asking for:
Auto-darkening welding hat
Victory by design DVDs
Skycraftsurpluss.com stuff
A bunch of Carroll Smith books

Some of you guys must have either been REALLY REALLY good or have some very loving and wealthy relatives.

BTTS, STFU&D
Old 11-24-2007, 05:57 PM
Secret Squirrel

i'm really really good.
Old 11-24-2007, 06:19 PM
Lil C's

Not sure why you guys are jumping on the ps3 blu-ray bandwagon.......
Since the movie production companys are still split and more and more are moving to hddvd.............YES...Blu-ray is a better technology.And if for only technology....why not jump on ....HVD(holographic video di...it holds 1 tb on a disc...but I don't see it going comercial. But in the end the comsumer is losing.......ex.....vhs/beta.

I want santa to bring me a hydra/hydramist/dual fuel pump setup

Last edited by 05stisilver; 11-24-2007 at 06:23 PM.
Old 11-24-2007, 07:06 PM
KAX

if we as consumers group together and chose one, then the manufacturers will make a decision, whatever we want, they give.

as for my christmas list, not sure. maybe some games for the 360, maybe some stuff for the car. we shall see.
Old 11-24-2007, 07:42 PM

a large garage full of all kinda tools and subaru parts
Old 11-25-2007, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by 05stisilver
Not sure why you guys are jumping on the ps3 blu-ray bandwagon.......
Since the movie production companys are still split and more and more are moving to hddvd.............YES...Blu-ray is a better technology.And if for only technology....why not jump on ....HVD(holographic video di...it holds 1 tb on a disc...but I don't see it going comercial. But in the end the comsumer is losing.......ex.....vhs/beta.

I want santa to bring me a hydra/hydramist/dual fuel pump setup

More and more like who? HD DVD has only two exclusive studios (Universal and Paramount, who was paid off by Toshiba to become format neutral) vs. Blu-ray's five (Sony, MGM, Fox, Lionsgate and Disney). There is only ONE CE manufacturer, Toshiba, making players for HD DVD, vs pretty much everybody else, including the high-end companies, making players for Blu-ray. These include Pioneer Elite, Denon, Panasonic, etc.

The only advantage HD DVD has right now is price, and even with player prices what they are, the movies are still 25-30 bucks a pop for either format. Not to mention that when you go look at the movie selection for Blu-ray and HD DVD, most of the newer blockbusters are on Blu-ray and MIA on HD DVD. Take a look at HD DVD's release schedule for the rest of the year compared to Blu-ray. To include this week, Blu-ray has the Die Hard collection, Pirates of the Caribbean 3, Superbad, Harry Potter 1-5 (available on HD DVD as well, although Blu-ray will most likely outsell these 2:1 just like it did with 300 and every other Warner title), Rush Hour 3, as well as catalog titles Independence Day, Cast Away, Mr. and Mrs. Smith. Not to mention the other big titles that have been released throughout the year (Spiderman) that people will want to see when buying high-def. HD DVD's ace in the hole, Transformers, couldn't even muster a Nielsen win for HD DVD the week it came out.

Blu-ray's YTD domination of HD DVD is at about 61:39%, which won't be going anywhere. With any luck, HD DVD will give up the ghost and call it quits before mid 2008.

------------------------------
-2006 Subaru WRX Limited
-2009 Chevrolet Cobalt SS