Tampa Racing

Tampa Racing (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/)
-   Subaru Tech (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/subaru-tech/)
-   -   Troubleshooting HELP needed badly... (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/subaru-tech/439801-troubleshooting-help-needed-badly.html)

flystiguy01 11-07-2007 07:25 AM

Troubleshooting HELP needed badly...

whats up peeps, i know its been a long time since i was on here but i REALLY need someones help with getting my car up and running.. so far the STi hasnt been running for over 3 months.. i took it to mastro and the tech checked out my car and said its "possibly" the ECU. Well, i really dont wanna spend $750 on an ecu just to find out thats not really the problem. The car has UR GT30R kit, avcr, FMIC, PE 850 injectors, Walbro FP, and a snowman tune.

The car will start but will not idle at all and has no response to the gas pedal unless you push it in and out really fast. it has a snowman base tune that we got to 10psi before the car completely died.

I live right off exit 220 in bradenton. im willing to pay GENEROUSLY to the person that can get this vehicle rolling again.. i know its a lot to ask for someone to come out to me and help but i have spent so much money on this car and I am an inch away from just giving up and going back to stock.

to anyone that comes i will provide tons of food, beer, gas money,.... ANYTHING else... PLEASE!!

platinm 11-07-2007 07:28 AM

Throttle by wire problem possibly?

im2wrxy 11-07-2007 07:38 AM

So, the problem was happening before the tune?

flystiguy01 11-07-2007 07:48 AM

yeah i've been having problems ever since the install.. i thought it was just the fact that my car had stock ecu map and aftermarket turbo etc. but its still not running.

im2wrxy 11-07-2007 07:55 AM

Any CELS?

Did jeff give you any clues?

flystiguy01 11-07-2007 08:09 AM

well, me and jeff think its a vacuum leak but im sure they checked for that at mastro... at least i hope so.

how do you do a vacuum pressuse check? i have a air compressor but i dont know how to check for pressure... is it like checking a tire with soapy water?

i dont have any way to check CEL's.. i dont think i was running any tho.

MugenR 11-07-2007 09:19 AM

have you cleaned the MAF and checked the wires? and your sure the maf is pointing the right way?

im2wrxy 11-07-2007 09:25 AM

I have the tool you need to do a pressure test or you can build one yourself from Home Depot. That's probably the best/easiest place to start. Its easy to do, cheap and only take a few minutes.

When you installed the injectors did you make sure the orings were there and seated well? What he said above too...check your MAF, make sure its not installed backwards. On some intakes thats possible.

SnowMann 11-07-2007 09:27 AM

Im starting to think that you may want to look at the MAF again. Especially since the shop you took it too didnt do the TGV like you asked. Which reminds me....did you ever get a new TGV servo to replace the broken one?

homemade wrx 11-07-2007 11:10 AM

being you say the throttle does nothing would make we steer away from the maf and look at dbw components...pedal and throttlebody...easy to check the pedal with a multimeter though...
I'd be game to help except I'm still not down in tampa yet...

TGV failures have a similar problem but are still driveable