Tampa Racing

Tampa Racing (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/)
-   Subaru Tech (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/subaru-tech/)
-   -   Did stage 1 today (cobb) (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/subaru-tech/305485-did-stage-1-today-cobb.html)

MugenR 05-01-2006 05:26 PM

Did stage 1 today (cobb)

initial impression is that it pulls slightly better on the top end but other than that just about the same. I will give it some more time and see what happens.

On the other hand I just got back from a little road trip to the smokey mountains and I got 24.4 mpg with the ac on and cruising at 80mph. With ac off I got 26.7 cruising at 80mph. I figured this over multiple tanks of gas so its pretty accurate.

scott

fadedSTi 05-01-2006 05:29 PM

ive heard most people arent that impressed with the stage 1, stage 2 i have heard mixed results. a custom tune is best. you going to have LHT play with it a bit?

fadedSTi 05-01-2006 05:29 PM

i can see the mod bug has got you. have parts coming in daily now :lol:

MugenR 05-01-2006 05:31 PM

well one of us will have to buy the "street tuner" software and I am guessing that will be me and that wont be for a while. I think I will learn how to do the tuning, I did quite a bit with the Honda's.

fadedSTi 05-01-2006 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by MugenR
well one of us will have to buy the "street tuner" software and I am guessing that will be me and that wont be for a while. I think I will learn how to do the tuning, I did quite a bit with the Honda's.

i wonder if there is a big difference in tuning boosted hondas to boosted subys. we all know you have every combo possible on the ITR.

MugenR 05-01-2006 05:58 PM

thats the question I am asking myself. Just keep the detonation away and your good...We'll see.

fadedSTi 05-01-2006 06:06 PM

thats the question I am asking myself. Just keep the detonation away and your good...We'll see.

have you checked out www.iwsti.com? they have a whole forum for ap steet tuners there. people post tips and write ups on tuning their STi's. also you guys are able to send maps to each other. im sure you could get some helpful info in there to help when you start your tuning

MugenR 05-01-2006 06:09 PM

ya I did see that and I will referrence that when the time comes...thanks!

41ants 05-01-2006 06:40 PM

initial impression is that it pulls slightly better on the top end but other than that just about the same. I will give it some more time and see what happens.

On the other hand I just got back from a little road trip to the smokey mountains and I got 24.4 mpg with the ac on and cruising at 80mph. With ac off I got 26.7 cruising at 80mph. I figured this over multiple tanks of gas so its pretty accurate.

scott

Dang, you alread did a major road trip on your sti. How many miles do you have on it now?

MugenR 05-02-2006 01:51 AM

ha, 2800 and change. Gotta change the oil...

scott