Tampa Racing

Tampa Racing (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/)
-   Subaru Tech (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/subaru-tech/)
-   -   To do or not to do? Meth ?'s (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/subaru-tech/287898-do-not-do-meth-s.html)

smooth_ej20 02-11-2006 08:37 PM

To do or not to do? Meth ?'s

Well ive been looking up some stuff on meth injection and it sounds like a good idea to have it done. Only thing im not sure of is how much benefit i could get on the stock turbo. Also, does it make a difference in gas mileage or overall behavior of the car during daily driving? I know some of you guys have it and i would appreciate the input. also how much is the kit fron Siegal? thanks in advance

fadedSTi 02-12-2006 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by smooth_ej20
Well ive been looking up some stuff on meth injection and it sounds like a good idea to have it done. Only thing im not sure of is how much benefit i could get on the stock turbo. Also, does it make a difference in gas mileage or overall behavior of the car during daily driving? I know some of you guys have it and i would appreciate the input. also how much is the kit fron Siegal? thanks in advance

the kit is $499 plus 2 hours of install and 3 hours of tuning. the meth isnt all the time. most setups people do have the meth coming on at about 10psi. you can run a good amount of boost with it on. you already have an upgraded turbo on yours?

smooth_ej20 02-12-2006 11:33 AM

no, i havent upgraded the turbo yet but it isnt far off. Ill most likely go to the Deadbolt Zilla 16G, and if possible id like to run a top mount. I just figured with the heat in florida and the fact that i drive my car daily that meth would be a good safety measure to have while adding some extra performance

fadedSTi 02-12-2006 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by smooth_ej20
no, i havent upgraded the turbo yet but it isnt far off. Ill most likely go to the Deadbolt Zilla 16G, and if possible id like to run a top mount. I just figured with the heat in florida and the fact that i drive my car daily that meth would be a good safety measure to have while adding some extra performance

it would but i wouldnt really bother until you upgrade the turbo

smooth_ej20 02-12-2006 03:08 PM

thanks Faded

UrbanKnight 02-12-2006 06:09 PM

I have it on my stock turbo STi, and I love it... mor eboost, car feels great, and no problems whatsoever.

UK

fadedSTi 02-13-2006 03:20 AM

Originally Posted by UrbanKnight
I have it on my stock turbo STi, and I love it... mor eboost, car feels great, and no problems whatsoever.

UK

it works good on a stock STi but not worth it on a stock 2.0 with stock turbo

platinm 02-13-2006 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by fadedSTi
it works good on a stock STi but not worth it on a stock 2.0 with stock turbo

I agree, if you had an STI I would be all in though. My STI flies, 4th gear feels like second. It is truly amazing.