Tampa Racing

Tampa Racing (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/)
-   Subaru Tech (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/subaru-tech/)
-   -   Slander is BAD mmKay (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/subaru-tech/254284-slander-bad-mmkay.html)

BrewPuBeaver 08-18-2005 07:01 AM

Slander is BAD mmKay

i would like to address an issue that is a very powerful subject in the tuning world.

Slander: defamation of a person by unprivileged oral communication made to a third party; also : defamatory oral statements.

this is one of a few definitions. i see a lot of this happening and it just seems to be the norm.

"this one guy, my buddy he had a {product X} and it was a peice of shit. That whole company is crap."

"Yea man, i heard that they do shity work, and they are known for blowing engines, never go there."

I would just like to see people say "I" had a bad expeireance or "MY" opinion is. Well i guess my *rant* is over and if anyone has any opinions, views, coments please feel free.

JonLGT 08-18-2005 07:24 AM

Nothing to do with the Subaru forum.

BrewPuBeaver 08-18-2005 08:46 AM

shut up ass,

HKSWRX 08-18-2005 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by BrewPuBeaver
i would like to address an issue that is a very powerful subject in the tuning world.

Slander: defamation of a person by unprivileged oral communication made to a third party; also : defamatory oral statements.

this is one of a few definitions. i see a lot of this happening and it just seems to be the norm.

"this one guy, my buddy he had a {product X} and it was a peice of shit. That whole company is crap."

"Yea man, i heard that they do shity work, and they are known for blowing engines, never go there."

I would just like to see people say "I" had a bad expeireance or "MY" opinion is. Well i guess my *rant* is over and if anyone has any opinions, views, coments please feel free.

:tard:

*cough*kingpin*cough*

CueAuto 08-18-2005 12:40 PM

What brought this on? Who is getting slammed?

HKSWRX 08-18-2005 12:42 PM

I'm sure its me, I was looking at an APS book last night, and I told Dave that my friend had an SR-40 and it blew a seal, and APS wouldn't back it up.

lstepnio 08-18-2005 12:52 PM

Your examples aren't very good legal examples of slander. There is much more to it than what you're simply trying to suggest. Your second example statement isn't even close.

HKSWRX 08-18-2005 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by lstepnio
Your examples aren't very good legal examples of slander. There is much more to it than what you're simply trying to suggest. Your second example statement isn't even close.

:haha: :haha: pwn3d

Yeah this isn't slander, its just plain ol' talkin crap.

FastRaft WRX 08-18-2005 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by JonWRX
Nothing to do with the Subaru forum.

hahahha, Jon is awesome :) :nworthy:

2TurboImports 08-18-2005 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by BrewPuBeaver
shut up ass,

shut up ass, what? YOU said yourself...."if anyone has any opinions, views, comments feel free". Dumbass....

Go post another video that was made when the Al Gore owned the Internet.