News
BREAKING: Trump Announces Bombs Dropped on Iran Nuclear Sites
Tyler O'Neil | June 21, 2025
|

President Donald Trump on June 15 at the White House. (Tasos Katopodis/Getty Images)
Tyler O'Neil @Tyler2ONeil
Tyler O'Neil is senior editor at The Daily Signal and the author of two books: "
Making Hate Pay: The Corruption of the Southern Poverty Law Center," and "
."
Tyler O'Neil @Tyler2ONeil
Tyler O'Neil is senior editor at The Daily Signal and the author of two books: "
Making Hate Pay: The Corruption of the Southern Poverty Law Center," and "
."
President Donald Trump announced Saturday evening that the U.S. had dropped bombs on three major nuclear sites in Iran.
“We have completed our very successful attack on the three
Nuclear sites in Iran, including Fordow, Natanz, and Esfahan,” the president posted on Truth Social. “All planes are now outside of Iran air space.”
“A full payload of BOMBS was dropped on the primary site, Fordow,” he added. “All planes are safely on their way home. Congratulations to our great American Warriors. There is not another military in the World that could have done this.”
The Daily Signal depends on the support of readers like you.
Donate now
“NOW IS THE TIME FOR PEACE! Thank you for your attention to this matter,” Trump concluded.
Trump followed up this post with a note from Open Source Intel reporting that “Fordow is gone,” referring to a major Iranian nuclear development facility.
The president also announced that he will give an “Address to the Nation” at 10 p.m., regarding the “very successful military operation in Iran.”
He went on to say, “This is an HISTORIC MOMENT FOR THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, ISRAEL, AND THE WORLD. IRAN MUST NOW AGREE TO END THIS WAR. THANK YOU!”
While Iran has arguably been in a state of war against the United States since the 1979 revolution, and the regime has repeatedly condemned America as the “great Satan,” the bombing represents a new step in America’s stance against the Islamic Republic.
Under
President Joe Biden, the U.S. relaxed sanctions on Iran, leading to an approximately $71.02 billion windfall for the Islamic Republic leading up to the Oct. 7, 2023, Hamas attacks on Israel. Iran has long funded Hamas.
On that date, militants from Gaza entered Israel, slaughtering more than 1,200 Israelis and taking about 200 hostage.
Following these attacks, Israel bombed Gaza and launched an invasion to root out Hamas’ military capabilities. Iran’s other proxies in the Middle East attacked Israel, leading to military confrontations across the region. Israel’s forces neutered Iran’s strongest proxy force, Hezbollah in Lebanon.
Israel launched a series of airstrikes targeting Iran on June 13, focusing on nuclear and military sites. Iran struck back at Israel less than 24 hours later, sending missiles into Jerusalem and Tel Aviv.
President Trump had repeatedly urged Iran to negotiate and come to an agreement with Israel.
Iran said Friday that it rejected the White House’s invitation to hold nuclear talks.
Reza Pahlavi, the crown prince of Iran and the son of the ousted Shah, urged Persians to revolt against the regime last week, claiming that “the Islamic Republic has come to its end and is collapsing.”
This is a breaking news story. Check back for updates.Related posts:
- Trump Called Off Israeli Strike on Iran, Report Says
- Foreign Policy Experts Warn Against Strike on Iran’s Nuke Facilities
- Congressional Republicans’ Reaction Is Mixed to Israeli Strikes on Iran