View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 04:08 PM
franktf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the car ready to go for the cage this week, unfortunately they are running a little behind so hopefully it goes next week.....

In the meanwhile I decided to take the motor I got apart to check it out..... Well lest just say it wasn't good..... Everything was what it was supposed to be, the problem was condition of some of the parts..... First of all the heads showed some detonation in the chambers, only a little cosmetic damage but I need to disassemble them to make sure valve seat are good to go..... The next thing is the camshaft(a solid flat tappet) was in the process of wiping out 3 lobes..... the biggie is the cracks in the 2nd main area of the block..... I called the guy I got it from, who honestly didn't know anything was wrong with it(it was running in his car this way)..... We evaluated everything and came to the conclusion he is going to give me back $1000, so I feel I am not getting hurt considering I still have the Victor Jr heads, Victor Jr intake manifold, Comp Cam Pro Magnum rocker arms, Chromolly push rods, MSD dist, PRW sfi flywheel, sfi balancer and a steel Eagle 347 steel rotating assembly for a $1200 investment.....

Here's pic's of the detonation in the chambers on the heads.....

Here's the wiped out solid flat tappet lifters and cam.....

and here are the cracks in the main web on the block.....