View Single Post
Old 08-23-2012, 08:02 PM
kairojya
Rojya Productions

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

An update:

First I started reconnecting the wires for connectors that will be leaving the cabin (lights, etc). Here I have all the drivers and passenger side lighting wired up, fog light wiring removed. While doing this I wrote down which wires by color/pattern are for which connectors and where the go to. I also checked with multimeter from connector or SMJ to the connector at the other end. Looks all good so far!

So here is something strange I found. I believe this bit of wiring is for the corner lights (in the center of the picture). There's one power source that comes from the cabin into the bay, then it splits off into four connectors. Two are for the corner lights next to the headlights, the other two are for the sidemarkers on the USDM front bumper I guess. In this way I get it, send 1 wire out instead of 4 ... what I am confused about is in the third picture below...

Closer picture:

Here's where it gets strange. Coming from the right is the wiring in the bay, heading towards the left is going into the cabin. The splice in the center wrapped in the gray tape is what I'm a bit confused about. One of the wires goes up to the lighting connector on the steering column as expected, the other goes to the SMJ. I haven't dug into the FSM about this yet but I was just wondering why this is necessary?

Anyhow, here's an unexpected issue, this is the bit of harness that goes from the SMJ connector area up the the steering column, you might notice some issues..

All this wiring was hacked up and had 3 relays for some fuel cut off switches (I believe). Also some wiring was running to the crappy alarm. Gonna have to spend a bit of time repairing this.