Old 07-07-2012, 11:58 AM
Clawhammer
BELOW M3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Claw's "always gotta have a project" build: Bike #2

So here's an attempt to breathe some life into this place and share some pics with ya.

I decided one day that I wanted to build a streetfighter type style bike and stuff, but I didn't want to tear apart my R6 after all of that money and time I spent on it.

So I bought this sweet-ass, all-stock 08 R1:

Here's what I know about it. According to the cluster, it has 6800 miles. Last time it was titled it had 6780...2 years ago. It was very obviously dropped on the right side even though the seller promised me it was never down and all the rash was just from something rubbing on it in the garage (lol, Mexicans).

IF, the bike actually has 6800 miles, the guy must have bought it, dropped it the first time he rode it and put it up for the next two years. He was a stereotypical short non-English speaking Mexican, so it's likely he dropped it, or it's not the original cluster. Whatever, it was a steal of a deal and I rode it home.

I don't know why this picture is so small, but the very first weekend I began taking it apart, having only rode it once haha.

The next weekend, I spent two days tucking the harness.

The end result is awesome!

I love being able to see the front sprocket, so I'm glad I was able to remove the cover and reroute the wires and hoses that it housed.

Here's where all the connectors, relays, and fuses that lived in the fairings now live:

Don't worry, I know where everything goes.

So I put it all back together and it wouldn't start. Everyone blamed my tuck but it turned out to be my fuel pump took a shit. When I drained the gas tank it was brown like tea, so the ride home from Tampa must have murdered it. I was only getting 0-2psi for fuel pressure, fail. Dropped a new one in and it's running great.

So my bench is getting full of parts:

-New tank
-New front fender
-New lower fairings for a belly pan project
-Fren Tubo brake lines
-Vortex clip ons
-Driven Grips
-FP Racing adjustable levers
-Shogun sliders
-Driven swingarm spools
-X Blaster integrated LED tail light
-Tygon tubing and an HRC cap for my rear brake res

I'm probably forgetting some stuff.

I've also got new spark plugs and everything I need to replace all the fluids.

In the last couple of weekends I've become unmotivated to do any actual work though, so like I said it all sits on the bench.

Was getting ready to order my headlights and or a new tail but bought some new wheels for the M. Car also is going to need a rear brake change, oil change, and some other little stuff so the bike may continue to sit. I originally wanted to have it street legal again by the end of the month but I don't know if that's going to happen--I also realized as much as I'm dying to ride, it's hot and shitty so I might as well take my time and be ready to ride by the time the weather is nice again.

Last edited by Clawhammer; 10-21-2012 at 06:02 PM.