Old 01-27-2012, 06:29 AM
Loren

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like I told the Mustang guys who were trying to pimp the Corvette Club events a month or so ago, if you want more entries, you have to properly promote the events. "If you build it, they will come... but only if it's good and you tell them about it!"

In this case, you've got 3 people posting about the event, which is a good start. But, if the first post is mid-week 3 days before registration closes... how much can you expect it to help?

There needs to be proper event info put into the thread, too. If not by the first poster, very soon after. This thread does not effectively convey that "Central Florida Autocross" = CFR SCCA. It doesn't tell anyone WHERE in Deland this event is. It doesn't provide basic newb info like "what's the cost", "are loaner helmets available", "what time do I need to be there"? And it doesn't link to a good source for more information.

Please take this as constructive criticism. I'm just trying to help. If you want to make your club healthy again, somebody needs to do a far better job of leveraging the internet. Thorough event promotion posts (with backup... can't be just one person "spamming", you need discussion) here and on other relevant forums WILL bring people to your events. I know this from experience. It works so well that FAST had to STOP doing it!