Old 12-29-2011, 10:16 AM
Scott
You can thank me later...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shinysideup
Sure, we envy you and the bench you race on.

Ok,so you built a car that can go 8's "easy" "but choose not to", "I'd rather watch"???? Are you fucking serious?
That's my interpretation of someone that obsesses about others, it's not what I am looking for. But why am I a constant target of the same people ? I am not on here trying to be some keyboard hardass, bench racer, or track star. I popped in to show I was still around and got to run my car on 30lbs.. Then came all the squaking.

My take is when people act like this thay are either envious of what others have accompished or they are just haters that live for that. I think my absense from here is proof I am not some attention whore . I have been hearing the same lame unfounded crap out of Adam and one or two others for years now. It's comical and sad at the same time and it did not start until he started running with a different crowd. It's a shame because he was fun to hang around at the track and bust each others balls in a friendly way online. It's old now, let it go. No one cares, especially me. They have what they want to believe or what they have been fed and there is no changing that. I could open up my motor and prove exactly what I have been saying for years and the same people would find some angle to try and prop themselves up on. We all get what the deal is.

And who is bench racing ? I built some of my shit, outsourced what I could not do, raced it, and parked it while going through a shitty divorce. I am not sitting here giving hypothetical scenarios other than responding that my car will go 8's with relative ease. Not making predictions of what exactly it could or should run, dyno numbers, money spent, etc.. I surpassed my initial goal of faster than 9.5's on drag radials and have one to go with anything in the 8's on dr's. All the while using not so trick stuff other than a well put together motor and short block unlike others that have dumped all their dimes an nickles in their "race cars". Do I get a little pride out of making good power using "a alphabet cam " instead of some custom grind shit ? You bet. Or that I have a tiny motor as compared to others with cheap heads that makes almost 1,000 lbs of torque ? Again you bet. Makes me wonder what my builder would have done with a big motor, expensive heads, and custom cam that he wanted to do. Then I would have had a car that would not have handled it and then the worm hole of expense starts with custom tranmissions, suspension crap, etc. starts. That wasn't my goal so I did not go that way.

No reason to be shitty. I am not the one calling people out and insulting. That would be far to easy, trust me. I know the glass houses that a lot of people around here live in, they are the last ones that should be opening themselves up for ridicule. Now I see what some of the other old schoolers have told me about and why they do not come in here much. To much drama or people lookng for it.