Old 12-03-2011, 03:39 AM
Chuck 98 RT/10
Sexist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by senor honda
A person stops on a yellow, because it is about to turn red....... because if the
light turns red while that person is in the intersection, it is then counted as running
a red light.

It's my understanding that cameras are installed at some Tampa intersections to
photograph motorists who run red lights........that is what this thread is related to.

Does anyone have a quote from an actual Florida traffic law, complete with statute
number, so we can see for ourselves what it "clearly states"? -Bob
I think your first statement is correct Bob.

Eliminating all the legal if's, and's and but's here is K20AS's post. There is no mention of a yellow.
316.075 Traffic control signal devices.—
a. The driver of a vehicle which is stopped at a clearly marked stop line, in obedience to a steady red signal may make a right turn
From Graves link it is apparent that the yellow is a warning that you do not have enough time to go through the intersection. A judge will likely rule against you if you stop at the yellow then turn right and are in the intersection as the light changes to red.
(b) Steady yellow indication.—
1. Vehicular traffic facing a steady yellow signal is thereby warned that the related green movement is being terminated or that a red indication will be exhibited immediately thereafter when vehicular traffic shall not enter the intersection.
2. Pedestrians facing a steady yellow signal, unless otherwise directed by a pedestrian control signal as provided in s. 316.0755, are thereby advised that there is insufficient time to cross the roadway before a red indication is shown and no pedestrian shall start to cross the roadway.
In simplest terms, if the light turns red after you've entered the intersection, you are in violation regardless of if you are turning right or not.

Don't blame me, blame the lawyers.

Last edited by Chuck 98 RT/10; 12-03-2011 at 03:41 AM.