View Single Post
Old 06-18-2010, 04:46 PM
S60R
5 Cylinders Of Fury

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL, I remember that kind of fun stuff from my own carting days.

And yes, there is a thing as too stiff, but on a typical auto-x course and adjustable street shocks I don't think the OP is going to get on the wrong side of that curve.

The volvo gets knocked around pretty good when locks down its shocks when the suspension is switched to 'advanced' mode, but those old runways are still smoother than most of the roads I travel here in the bay area. I usually never dare run in advanced mode in town since its the kind of ride that feels like it will knock out your fillings and break something on the car, lol.

For those that might be curious, here is a cool vid about the active suspension and yaw control on the volvo. I almost feel like its cheating when I think about what a bear my porsche was to control.

S60R V70R Promo Video

The more detailed tech stuff begins about 1:15 into the video . . .

Skip the engineer dude in the middle, he's boring and redundant, but the guy in the end that does 360s in the car is pretty cool, lol.

Crazy Camber, Stretch & Poke; its the new triple-stack-bleacher-wing ricer fad that's all the rage nowadays, lol

Last edited by S60R; 06-18-2010 at 05:07 PM.