View Single Post
Old 03-08-2010, 01:00 PM
Drewster
Goodtimes!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please read this.

Scott is a smart man. Please dont comment unless some of noobs will understand it.

Originally Posted by PoppaNoDoz
Take a look around you, look at yourself, look at your riding buddies.

* One or more of you is going to crash and break an arm, collarbone or ribs by August
* One or more of you will be dead by August

It may be you, it may be me, it may be someone you're close to. It's gonna happen.

Some of you will leave motorcycling forever after this year - you'll see someone do something stupid and die or nearly die and you'll walk away forever. When you leave, you'll say that sportbikers are crazy and they go too fast and yada yada yada. You'll stop being "one of us" and will become "one of them." It's sad and inevitable.

What can be done?

CALM THE FCK DOWN on these rides!!

The street is not a racetrack. There's no ribbon for first place. You (YOU! and ME!!) need to calm down, breathe, enjoy the experience. If you're worried about keeping up, looking cool, if you're worried at ALL then GET OFF YOUR BIKE.

This isn't about laptimes, this isn't about 'street credibility' or who has the reputation for being fast. This is about having fun. That's it, FUN. Remember when you were a kid and having fun was more important than winning the game?

Calm down, focus. Get to a track day. Enjoy the corners, relax on the straights, do NOT get in over your head. The MINUTE you have a close call on a ride (THE FIRST CLOSE CALL) get off your bike and relax for a minute. Usually, before the fatal crash there are a couple of "close calls" - these are god's little warnings.

Either pay attention to the warning or die. No middle ground, no second chances, no forgiveness.

Good luck out there - see you at the Funeral. I'm doing what I can to keep it from being mine, you do the same - k?