View Single Post
Old 09-29-2003, 08:36 PM
Loren

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, this would be similar to a Solo I style of event. You talk as if this "venue" is one that is all too common in this area. If it is, I haven't seen it. (what I have seen is people complain about slow autox courses and applaud really fast ones) I think there is a "market" for it, the problem is that there aren't too many sites that can support it. (it's hard enough to just find a decent low-speed autox site)

I do appreciate your insight into the differences between this type of event and a typical autocross. You verbalized what I was feeling and thinking while driving the track this weekend. For instance, when running CCW down the back straight watching the speedo reach 80... the thought of "pushing it" and waiting until the last second to brake was the last thing I wanted to do! Quite the contrary, I "tested" the brakes well ahead of that hairpin and hauled the car down to first-gear speeds in a controlled fashion.

Reflecting on it... were it not for my paranoia about blowing that hairpin (there's a nice little berm off the end of it that we theorized one could use to launch themselves out onto US41 with enough speed ), it's possible that it could be a 2nd gear turn.

It's going to take more than 6 laps to fully understand this track!

FYI, we've already talked about making our first event out there strictly a "practice session". No times, no pressure to "compete", just go out and have some fun SAFELY. Sort of what we were doing out there Sunday, only with structure.