View Single Post
Old 05-28-2009, 06:48 AM
Abstractlude
FORE:business

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok so i went to the shop 2 days ago and got some updated pics and i rolled the front fenders.

so the roof and quarter panels have been primed and block...

antenna has been shaved

trunk, doors, and rear bumper have been final blocked.

rolled the fenders.

they had marked where the side marker goes but i elected to have them shave the side marker from my jdm fender. i figure it will look a lot cleaner without the side markers.

so i took out the housings of my spare black housing headlights and taped off the part for the parking light. i am having the housings painted the same color as the car (glacier frost mica). ive never seen this done on a prelude so i figured i would try it. if i dont like it i have my other set of black housings so not to worry. i am currently wetsanding and buffing the lenses and i am finishing up the retro fit. ill post pics of the progress later.
i also cut out the centers of the grills, filled and sanded them.

my inspiration for the color matched headlights comes from the honda fits, c6 vettes and nob's s15:

so the fenders are being worked on as i type this. i was told that by sometime next week, next weekend at the latest, the car will be sprayed. then its 3 days for the paint to cure, 1 day for the motor to be swapped back in, and 1 day for the wetsand, buffing, and detail.
thanks for looking,
_zac

Originally Posted by boca
Prelude king
build thread:
https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/m...ine-build.html

history:
1993 prelude s - SOLD
1993 prelude s w/ jdm h22 - SOLD
1996 integra gsr - SOLD
1995 jeep cherokee - SOLD
1994 jdm rhd bb4 prelude si/vtec w/ lsd - SURGERY