Thread: Whats next?
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2003, 10:07 PM
722ish
ASM FTW!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Whats next?

Originally posted by Skeet
Well im planing on getting a full turbo back exhaust then probably front mount.....can someone tell what front mounts let u keep the rally lights and whcih one from those is the best.

Or what would would be the best thing to get to make the REX run 12's..thanks.Im only 16 and needs suggestions from REX masters
you dont really need a front mount just yet! the stock intercooler has taken cars in the 12's at least some vishnu cars.... turbo back is a good idea, MOST flow well enough for 12's from what i have seen anyhow.... An upgraded intercooler will always help, dont get me wrong, but the impression im getting is that the stock turbo will see lots of lag on a front mount... i wouldnt worry about that just yet! I concern myself with numbers too, seeing 12's is always a good thing i suppose, but, first think of how you will use the car... at least you have a goal as far as timeslips go... the turbo xs stage 4 comes with an upgraded top mount, injectors, fuel pump, and a turbo, as well as the turbo back exhaust.... people see mid 12's on this, and it isnt even tuned for the car, its a preset map on a piggyback chip....

Now, not to dissuade you, or insult your driving ability, but at 16, i should have been nowhere near the 17 second car i owned, let alone a 12sec wrx! there are a lot of factors that come into play at that point... the trans as i hear can take it, but how hard do you beat it? do you want to slam the box around a bit? if so, look into gearsets too! Given, plenty of people beat the living hell out of the transmission and have no problems, some, have problems, after beating it just a little bit... this stuff compunds fast when you tally it up... i dont even want to think about how much ive just spent!

go with the turboback, and maybe ecutek, mastro tunes the pig for ya, this way you dont have to worry about it! You should see 13's like this i believe, and if drag racing is all you are after, im sorry, im just no good at guessing numbers!? That route would be my reccomendation, at least to start!

Oh, and an upgraded top mount is about half the price of a nice front mount that retains the foglights...

APS DR 500 front mount ~ 1500 or so without the required intake
MRT front mount - i think these are about 1500 too!
Hyperflow/turboxs frontmount~ 1490 without intake

Some of the good top mounts run 800 - 1000 and can do a damn good job too, and of course, since there is no piping, the lag is less.... just buy some ice

most of all, just like the car the way it is, i wish i had a wrx at 16... im not saying dont modify, just dont be too unhappy, you got plenty car for a good amount, be happy with it....

good luck